Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Skip to 1 hour 54 mins in or click on the link below

https://youtu.be/c-tDgvPt2Gw?t=6796

Just in case you didn't see it, here's a link to the Dice Tower youtube clip interview with Eric Lang and team from CMoN for Rising Sun.

Enjoy! whistle

Not heaps of new information or anything, but if you enjoy Eric talking about his games in a more casual fashion, then totally check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its interesting that later Lang says he is working on the third game in his mythology series! (Although he can't talk about it yet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is more info in this interview about Rising Sun's gameplay, than on the KS campaign page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
Favor Euros + Ameritrash, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
third game

Come on Greek mythology!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding Mythic Battle: Pantheon, I would not bet on greek.
(Even though I know MB is a 1vs1 and has nothing in common with either BR or RS)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Østergaard
msg tools
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
chas59 wrote:
third game

Come on Greek mythology!

So far he's avoided overlapping with the Matagot area-control / mythology-based games' themes. It could be Greek mythology, but I'd be more interested in something more exotic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrowstormen wrote:
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
chas59 wrote:
third game

Come on Greek mythology!

So far he's avoided overlapping with the Matagot area-control / mythology-based games' themes. It could be Greek mythology, but I'd be more interested in something more exotic.

Well he's done Norse and Eastern mythology... Maybe Egyptian?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maebon wrote:
Arrowstormen wrote:
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
chas59 wrote:
third game

Come on Greek mythology!

Well he's done Norse and Eastern mythology... Maybe Egyptian?

Well, Matagot's done Egypt with Kemet. It could be cool if he did something from the Americas, like Mayan, Incan, or Aztec. The Hindu epics are are filled with all kinds of gods and demons and such as well. Those would be awesome, to me. Norse has been done plenty. And Mythic Battles: Pantheon is already giving me plenty of Greek mythos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Pedrazzoli
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
I´m going with Precolombine (Aztec or Mayan) mythology. That´s a niche that hasn´t had a lot of serious buzz (yeah, for sure Tikal, Mexica and so on... but not conflict with cool minis ahahaha)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we have a "area control game" with Blood rage - norse myhtology

we have now a "diplomatic-influence game" with rising sun - japanese and eastern culture

third of the trilogy could be a "resource management" kind of game based on either aztec pantehon that isn't used much or the classic greek/ancient roman myth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darklaw90 wrote:
we have a "area control game" with Blood rage - norse myhtology

we have now a "diplomatic-influence game" with rising sun - japanese and eastern culture

third of the trilogy could be a "resource management" kind of game based on either aztec pantehon that isn't used much or the classic greek/ancient roman myth.

I would love to see a game based of native american mythology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo The thing is, what they make will be a combination of what Mr. Lang wants (major), what some individuals here might like (minor), and what CMON thinks will sell (medium?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.