Subject: An Unfair Guide to Demolition Order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything you ever wanted to know about Demolition Order but were afraid to ask
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delith Malistar
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Everything you ever wanted to know about Demolition Order but were afraid to ask
OK. You really need to do these guides like, every week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Mesa
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Re: Everything you ever wanted to know about Demolition Order but were afraid to ask
Can a demolition order target a showcase attraction? If so I think that would be a pretty nasty use for it and worth the two events needed to discard. Also will there be any other attraction destroying cards in the future or are ninjas meant to be the only ones able to do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Drlivingstone wrote:
Can a demolition order target a showcase attraction? If so I think that would be a pretty nasty use for it and worth the two events needed to discard. Also will there be any other attraction destroying cards in the future or are ninjas meant to be the only ones able to do this.

Demolition order can destroy a showcase. However all showcases start with (at least?) 2 icons, so it would require the demolished to discard an extra 2 event cards along the demolition order which is a pretty hefty price to pay and might take some time to set up.

If you see someone stockpiling event cards and ninjas are in play you should probably add some lockers or something to your important attractions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Mesa
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Yea that's why I mentioned the two event discard price. Still pretty nasty regardless since showcases take quite the investment too. Where does the discarded showcase go though? Discard pile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drlivingstone wrote:
Yea that's why I mentioned the two event discard price. Still pretty nasty regardless since showcases take quite the investment too. Where does the discarded showcase go though? Discard pile?

if a super attraction winds up in the discard pile, could a dumpster dive retrieve it? and would one retrieved in such a manner still be subject to the 1 Super attraction limit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
A demolished showcase card is removed from the game. (Pg 6.)

I'm onto your sneaky ways, people!

Edit: on the question of Demolition Order and Showcase cards, yes it can demolish them - if playing Ninja and you consider this a possibility, plan to add cheap extra icons to your super attraction asap, or carefully count Event cards in their hands before constructing it. They have been demolished before, and I'm certain they will be again.

Drlivingstone wrote:
Also will there be any other attraction destroying cards in the future or are ninjas meant to be the only ones able to do this.

Unknown at this point, not all the packs have been mapped out to that level of detail, but unlikely - we try to give each pack a distinct feel mechanically as well as thematically.

There is attraction-stealing coming (brace yourselves!) with similar limitations to Demolition Order, and I have plans for an attraction-exchange program as well. There are gameplay reasons for these beyond just breaking Wheaton's Law.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malistar22 wrote:
OK. You really need to do these guides like, every week!

Joel would never get anything else done which is bad news if you're hanging out for expansions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
For other strategy tips see the Unfair strategy guide.

In addition we have also now done an in depth exploration of event play in Unfair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.