Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Hiraki
Netherlands
Heeswijk-Dinther
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1. When a lockdown event card is in play what should I do:

1) should I turn all the doors to locked face and should I unlock a door in the next turn

2) All the open doors stay's open and the next turn I can pass through them

Q2. Does noise passing through walls?

Marco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
kaiji wrote:

1) should I turn all the doors to locked face and should I unlock a door in the next turn

I think the doors flip to the red (locked) side immediately. They stay that way until the next Event Card is drawn. The flip back to green (open) just before the next Event Card is read out.

kaiji wrote:

Yes, it seems so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Hiraki
Netherlands
Heeswijk-Dinther
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deadmarlowe wrote:
kaiji wrote:

I think the doors flip to the red (locked) side immediately. They stay that way until the next Event Card is drawn. The flip back to green (open) just before the next Event Card is read out.

kaiji wrote:

Yes, it seems so.

I think it is strange (when happens in real/sci-fi live) that after an malfunction all the doors closes and after a reboot the doors opens itself. What about the already closed doors?
Wouldn't it make more sense that you have to open the closed doors manualy (1 action) after they are closed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
kaiji wrote:
I think it is strange (when happens in real/sci-fi live) that after an malfunction all the doors closes and after a reboot the doors opens itself. What about the already closed doors?
Wouldn't it make more sense that you have to open the closed doors manualy (1 action) after they are closed?

Rationalisation: the Ship's AI computer is on lock-down mode because of the crisis. For the doors to be locked is the 'normal' state of things, but the systems are so frazzled they're open most of the time. The Lockdown Event represents the ship's systems functioning - not malfunctioning.

House ruling that locked doors can be manually opened for 1 action removes some of the drama of getting stuck in a set of rooms with GEPS - or cut off from aiding your allies. It also undermines the Technician's power to open locked doors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Hiraki
Netherlands
Heeswijk-Dinther
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deadmarlowe wrote:
kaiji wrote:

Rationalisation: the Ship's AI computer is on lock-down mode because of the crisis. For the doors to be locked is the 'normal' state of things, but the systems are so frazzled they're open most of the time. The Lockdown Event represents the ship's systems functioning - not malfunctioning.

House ruling that locked doors can be manually opened for 1 action removes some of the drama of getting stuck in a set of rooms with GEPS - or cut off from aiding your allies. It also undermines the Technician's power to open locked doors.

Ok. That make senses.
Thanks for the explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.