Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all,

I've decided to share a spreadsheet I like to make for most KS campaigns I back. The idea is to look at the "value" of the campaign from a "quantity of content/minis" rather than quality, and to have a visual aid of the campaign progression.

BASE PLEDGE AND STRETCHGOALS

STRETCHGOALS "GAP"

This graph shows the "artificial" rise of stretchgoals gaps.

ADD-ONS

I'll try to keep it as updated as possible.

Hope this helps someone!

PS: If I manage to upload it to googledocs without loosing the formulas and whatnot I'll provide a link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have 6 bushi listed in the base set and 3 added under stretch goals, implying 9 when there are only 6 total.

From the 1st update:
"First, we managed to ensure that each of the 5 clans will have 2 different sculpts for their Bushi warriors. So each clan in every box of Rising Sun will have 3 Bushi figures of one type and 3 of another."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Kasper
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The fox shintos are missing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see some reasoning behind the numbers.
That being said did you take into account that first 5 SG do not add extra bushi, but replace 3 from the original 6?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
You have 6 bushi listed in the base set and 3 added under stretch goals, implying 9 when there are only 6 total.

The number in the second column corresponds to the number of "new" minis (in this case 0, since the SG ones replace 3 existing ones). Same goes for the upgraded content (plastic and cardboard).

andlord wrote:
The fox shintos are missing

Whoops, updating... (as soon as photobucket stops lagging like hell)

hybry wrote:
I would love to see some reasoning behind the numbers.

What number/s do you feel need some reasoning? I'll try to explain them as best as I can.

hybry wrote:
... did you take into account that first 5 SG do not add extra bushi, but replace 3 from the original 6?

Yes, same with other upgrades to the core box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
Sterling, Town of
CT
flag msg tools
mbmb
How calculate SG value? Your numbers for this are very much based upon the demand of the game, yes? Which is unknown..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dylanbradshaw wrote:
How calculate SG value? Your numbers for this are very much based upon the demand of the game, yes? Which is unknown..

It's not really a value, just the spacing between stretch goals (in k$), which increases as the campaign goes by. You can't really assign a dollar value to a bit of plastic that won't be sold in stores
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dylanbradshaw wrote:

Sorry, "SG Value" may not be the best title... but the value is the amount needed to unlock each of the SG (in k$)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dystopian wrote:
dylanbradshaw wrote:

It's not really a value, just the spacing between stretch goals (in k$), which increases as the campaign goes by. You can't really assign a dollar value to a bit of plastic that won't be sold in stores

This is what I didn't understand, but now it is clear. I though SG value was some arbitrarily set amount you did yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Van Verth
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work! Can you change the graph colors to match the spreadsheet colors? It's a little (actually a lot) confusing otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ah kaiser
Canada
Woodstock
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work, how did you count the season cards that come with each monster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jvsquare wrote:
Nice work! Can you change the graph colors to match the spreadsheet colors? It's a little (actually a lot) confusing otherwise.

Sure thing, though I hadn't even noticed I used the same colours... xD

ahkaiser wrote:
Great work, how did you count the season cards that come with each monster?

As far as I know there is only 1 season car per monster... so its a pretty straight forward formula.

After the las update I don't know if I should put the Kami's as a new category or not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Updated and added Add-ons numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't the season cards for the monsters (lucky gods) part of that 15 card set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dystopian wrote:
dylanbradshaw wrote:
How calculate SG value?

It's not really a value, just the spacing between stretch goals (in k$)

"SG step" "SG gap"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Becq wrote:
Aren't the season cards for the monsters (lucky gods) part of that 15 card set?

Unless I misunderstood the info on the update the season cards are a new "set" available to all players (unlike the 7 lucky god cards).

Kickstarter Update wrote:
The Dynasty Invasion box comes with a whole new extra Set of Season Cards, containing 15 Season cards (5 for each Season). These bring new gameplay and strategies not just for the Dynasty Invasion Clans, but are available to all Clans in the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow... that last stretch goal was quite a "stretch"... from $170 to $330. Didn't expect that.

Maybe they are running out of content?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They basically say that in the update. 'Time is running out and so are the stretch goals' or something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.