BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: New user wondering about promoting Dixonary rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shanin N
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Hi all

I'm new to this site and have joined initially to promote Dixonary - it's a version of Balderdash that's been played online for more than 25 years and we're looking for new players.

Am I OK jumping right into forums and letting people know about it? I had a look at the Balderdash page and there's been no discussion for several years - will anyone see my msg if I post there?

Are there any particular places I should post?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated for this newbie.

For anyone who's interested, more info about the game here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1005514/balderdash-pbf1-dre...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG!

I'm sorry, but this is a commercial site. To promote your game you have to advertise it, but the rates are pretty cheap. Please contact adrates@boardgamegeek.com

Linking your game for promotional purposes is not allowed. This thread may get moved to Press Releases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanin N
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Hi Walt - thanks for your help.

So this is what I'd need to do, even though this is not a commercial game - just a bunch of people wanting to keep this game going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you just want to say, "We use this variant set of rules for Balderdash," you're free to post the rules in the Variants forum of the game. However, if you want to direct people away from BGG to another site, you must advertise. For advertisement, use adrates@boardgamegeek.com or if you think this is somehow going to benefit BGG or falls within the Terms of Service (very bottom of every page), you can talk it over with an Administrator. Liam can probably help you:

Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanin N
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Thanks - I'll check this out.

I've also seen a forum called PBEM - play by email, which appears to have links to outside sites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would talk it over with Liam. If he doesn't know the answer, he'll be able to tell you where to get it.

(I think one question is going to be whether your site has ads.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.