Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Killian
United Kingdom
Wednesbury
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had an interesting point come up yesterday.

There is a battle card called DieHard that says something along the lines of;

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Never let your health drop below half your maximum

Now the character in question never let this happy but exhausted themselves in the process and we had a debate about what exhaustion means.

As I've read the rules I would assume he still gets this but, thematically, it just felt off.

Now we gave it him as there was nothing specifically saying you lose health when exhausted but figured I'd ask on here for others thoughts.

I know if we were playing the permadeath variant his body would have stayed on the map and got smacked by the monsters but as we're not playing that variant it seems that as soon as he exhausted himself, he'd passed, providing we didn't collectively fail the scenario.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think we played it right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Greig
Australia
Kelso
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think he just passed, you could have them remain on the board like in the permadeath rule to see if he was in danger,

we play the permadeath rule and generally when/if a character exhausts its not too hard to shield them from further hits (unless they had stupidly separated a long way from the main group) so in general if the team makes it your character won't take a lot of hits anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Laurin
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does becoming exhausted from lack of cards affect my hit points in any way for the purposes of the "Fast Healer" and "Masochist" battle goals?
No, you can still achieve those battle goals after being exhausted if your hit points were in the correct range when you were exhausted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont forget the party have to be successful at the scenario too in order to earn the checkmarks, and so if they exhaust themselves too early and drop out of the fight then this will make it harder for the rest of the team to succeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Killian
United Kingdom
Wednesbury
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everybody.

Glad we played it right in that case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think it would be more interesting if exhaustion of the whole party would also trigger permadeath (total party kill)? ... and then possibly reducing difficulty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Killian
United Kingdom
Wednesbury
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you were playing that variant then it would in my mind. If you're all exhausted then the monsters will just pound on you ad nauseam zombie

We're not brave enough to play with the permadeath variant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.