7 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do you HAVE to take a bonus? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernesto Pavan
msg tools
Hi everyone,

Suppose that I Recruited a few times and now I get a bonus whenever I (or someone next to me) does something. Do i have to take that bonus? That may become important with some objectives, such as the one that requires you to have exactly 0 Power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus T.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Benefits are optional, so no, you don't have to take it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernesto Pavan
msg tools
Thanks for your answer. Is there any place in the rules where this is stated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 10 "Gameplay"
"When taking an action, first pay the cost, then gain as much or as little of the benefit as you wish."
That should take care of the first time enlist bonus.

Page 20 "Enlist"
Ongoing Bonus: "...you may gain the specified bonus."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Caster
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mb
Does this also mean that I could take the enlist action even if I have already recruited all four, just go get the coins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ola: If you've already enlisted all 4 recruits, you can continue to pay the food cost for the enlist action to gain coins and/or the recruit ongoing bonus (a combat card, in this case).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Caster
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Ola: If you've already enlisted all 4 recruits, you can continue to pay the food cost for the enlist action to gain coins and/or the recruit ongoing bonus (a combat card, in this case).

Thanks! I'm reading through all rule questions and noticed a while later this had been covered in another thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.