Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob
United Kingdom
Leicester
Select a State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Is the KS going to be a bolt on expansion or more like a reboot without access to the first campaign?

Basically, I'm asking whether you can play this without the original game or not?

Sorry if this has already been asked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamcob wrote:
Hi,

Is the KS going to be a bolt on expansion or more like a reboot without access to the first campaign?

Basically, I'm asking whether you can play this without the original game or not?

Sorry if this has already been asked.

All questions allowed here

On the kickstarter, you can buy both the core game and the expansion. The Expansion CANNOT play the expansion without the core game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Love
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I'm still struggling with the European shipping costs. Any idea if this will be out in time to pick up at Essen '17 (or if there will be an Essen collection option, although I appreciate that can be hard work)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim Love wrote:
Hi,
I'm still struggling with the European shipping costs. Any idea if this will be out in time to pick up at Essen '17 (or if there will be an Essen collection option, although I appreciate that can be hard work)?

The game won't be ready in time for Essen, sorry. GBG is working on some group bundles, but you'd have to round up some friends all willing to buy a copy. Something like, 6 copies of core and 6 of expansion to get free shipping. Still working out the details though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
United Kingdom
Leicester
Select a State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:

On the kickstarter, you can buy both the core game and the expansion. The Expansion CANNOT play the expansion without the core game.

Thanks Stephen,

I already own a 1st ed version of the game. Will 2nd Ed come with the KS? Also, will the expansion be able to house the original game as well as itself?

My only concern is more cards rattling around a box again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamcob wrote:
ssgibson wrote:

Thanks Stephen,

I already own a 1st ed version of the game. Will 2nd Ed come with the KS? Also, will the expansion be able to house the original game as well as itself?

The expansion comes in it's own box, and won't fir the original game. But there is a deluxe box available on the Kickstarter that houses box the core game and the expansion, plus extras, and sleeved if you sleeve!

The Kickstarter is offering the third edition of the core game (new rulebook). The 2nd and 3rd editions of the core game have a different cardstock than the 1st edition. This won't really affect gameplay, but it may annoy you, unless you sleeve your cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
United Kingdom
Leicester
Select a State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
Jamcob wrote:
ssgibson wrote:

Thanks Stephen,

The expansion comes in it's own box, and won't fir the original game. But there is a deluxe box available on the Kickstarter that houses box the core game and the expansion, plus extras, and sleeved if you sleeve!

The Kickstarter is offering the third edition of the core game (new rulebook). The 2nd and 3rd editions of the core game have a different cardstock than the 1st edition. This won't really affect gameplay, but it may annoy you, unless you sleeve your cards.

The Deluxe Box is definitely something I'd like to see!

My main interest lies in getting a new copy of the core game with expansion and possibly deluxe box, depending on how it fits the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the first edition. Is the card stock the only difference between it and the later editions, or were there other changes as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Zouave wrote:
I've got the first edition. Is the card stock the only difference between it and the later editions, or were there other changes as well?

Mainly a cardstock change and grammar fixes / rulebook clarifications. The most notable change besides cardstock, is that item cards that use to say "do not discard" now say "deactivate on use".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'll likely go for a new core set then.

By the way, the mini looks great. You have created some of the most memorable-looking characters I've ever seen in gaming. Have you given any thought to eventually doing minis for all of them? I can see using them for other games, not just Grimslingers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Zouave wrote:
Thanks. I'll likely go for a new core set then.

By the way, the mini looks great. You have created some of the most memorable-looking characters I've ever seen in gaming. Have you given any thought to eventually doing minis for all of them? I can see using them for other games, not just Grimslingers.

I'd love to I was hoping we'd get to make the cat and dog into minis but GBG has since canned that idea.

Grimslingers was originally a miniatures game back before the original kickstarter. I changed it though cause I knew I couldn't produce minis myself.

However, I plan to release the rules/cards as a PnP for those with VIP access! It was a super fun version of the game, where your element spells played off of the environment. (is your foe standing around some rocks? your earth spell would get +1 DMG against them. Hiding in a cave? Only your foe's wind spell can reach you, etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't suppose you could approach a third party, such as Dark Sword Miniatures, to see about making them? I like their philosophy about being a small, boutique provider, and their minis are fantastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Zouave wrote:
I don't suppose you could approach a third party, such as Dark Sword Miniatures, to see about making them? I like their philosophy about being a small, boutique provider, and their minis are fantastic.

Well GBG handles all of that stuff and has their own miniatures people they like working with, and their prices. So not much I can do on that front.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.