Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 possibilities during a share round:

1- Sell then buy
2- Start a new company from scratch
3- Pass

As I see it, you cannot sell any share during the action no.2
It means that you have to be prepared to have a raise of the auction and pay only with cash. In the case that you do not have enough cash, you would have to sell on a previous action.

Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fryer
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are correct...you essentially have these options from which to select one action...

Optionally sell shares, then optionally buy one certificate (if it is phase 6H or later you may start an available 10-share company by purchasing the president's certificate).

Optionally start an auction for the next 5-share company (as long as there are any left to start - unstarted 5-share companies are removed from the game at phase 8H).

Pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evelin Auger
Canada
Portneuf
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I will have my first game tomorrow with three players. Can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fryer
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! I hope you all enjoy the game session!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Scrivins
United Kingdom
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Players go into a Share Round with a certain amount of cash available. If Player A were able to sell shares and then immediately auction a company, the likelihood is that only they would be competitive in the auction. Forcing a round of selling first allows all players to be competitive. That's the reasoning behind the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evelin Auger
Canada
Portneuf
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iansc wrote:
Players go into a Share Round with a certain amount of cash available. If Player A were able to sell shares and then immediately auction a company, the likelihood is that only they would be competitive in the auction. Forcing a round of selling first allows all players to be competitive. That's the reasoning behind the rule.

Very nice reasonning!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.