Subject: Guardian Beast Sami Reaction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The reaction ability reads Reaction: Add 4 +1 star counters to this card. This reaction can be in response to any other effect.

I don't get the purpose of this since reaction effects flip the card using them. Wouldn't the star counters immediately become useless as Guardian Beast would instantly be flipped?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Rekarm wrote:
The reaction ability reads Reaction: Add 4 +1 star counters to this card. This reaction can be in response to any other effect.

I don't get the purpose of this since reaction effects flip the card using them. Wouldn't the star counters immediately become useless as Guardian Beast would instantly be flipped?

I think it's worded:
Quote:
Reaction: Add 4 +1 STAR Tokens to a card. You may use this in response to any other effect.

Emphasis mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh boy...I think I'll chalk this reading failure up to playing while sleepy last night. Thanks for making me aware of how illiterate I am!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry: chances are that I am more illiterate than you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been wanting to ask this: does this mean any effect including your own effects? Or would it have to be from another player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bubblepipemedia wrote:
I've been wanting to ask this: does this mean any effect including your own effects? Or would it have to be from another player?

Any effect from any card of any player (including you) may be used as a trigger for that reaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.