Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not speak french but looks like Unlock!2 is just announced!
(https://www.trictrac.net/actus/unlock-vous-n-avez-pas-fini-d...).
Here is the main information from the announcement:

* Unlock!2 will be released in june and there will be 3 new scenarios: submarine, pirates and horror mansion are the themes.
* Soon it will be available to download 2 new pnp scenarios of 30 minutes (The 5th Avenue will be uploaded before the end of March and Temple of Râ in spring).
* Unlock!3 Will be released in september/october

I am really looking forward to play the new escape adventures!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jed1knight wrote:
(https://www.trictrac.net/actus/unlock-vous-n-avez-pas-fini-d...)
It will be released in june and there will be 3 new scenarios: submarine, pirates and horror mansion are the themes.
Looks like there is going to be also some new free content to download (2 scenarios of 30 minutes) but I am not sure that I understood that correctly, maybe some French user can help with the translation.

You got everything correct. The 2 30-minutes scenarios could be demoed at FIJ de Cannes in February and will be soon available for download ("only a matter of time" is the exact quote).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
jed1knight wrote:
(https://www.trictrac.net/actus/unlock-vous-n-avez-pas-fini-d...)
It will be released in june and there will be 3 new scenarios: submarine, pirates and horror mansion are the themes.
Looks like there is going to be also some new free content to download (2 scenarios of 30 minutes) but I am not sure that I understood that correctly, maybe some French user can help with the translation.

You got everything correct. The 2 30-minutes scenarios could be demoed at FIJ de Cannes in February and will be soon available for download ("only a matter of time" is the exact quote).

Thanks, I will make a better first post then with all the information

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I get a physical version of the two scenarios somewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
Can I get a physical version of the two scenarios somewhere?

I don't think you can get it... If I understood correctly they are used by Space Cowboys in the events to show to the public how the game plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jed1knight wrote:
I don't think you can get it... If I understood correctly they are used by Space Cowboys in the events to show to the public how the game plays.

They'll made made available in P&P form before Unlock 2 is released. From Facebook:

Quote:
The 5th Avenue will be uploaded before the end of March and Temple of Râ in spring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qasic wrote:
jed1knight wrote:

They'll made made available in P&P form before Unlock 2 is released. From Facebook:

Quote:
The 5th Avenue will be uploaded before the end of March and Temple of Râ in spring.

Hehehe, if funny that you quote the response of my question on facebook Space Cowboys page XD

Btw he was asking about physical version (not PnP).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
Not everyone does a great pnp job which personally hurts this game, I for one would be more than happy to pay for professionally manufactured copies of the tutorial and 3 pnp scenarios
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Piccadilly wrote:
Not everyone does a great pnp job which personally hurts this game, I for one would be more than happy to pay for professionally manufactured copies of the tutorial and 3 pnp scenarios

I am also happy to pay for new content but it is also true that is nice to try the game before buying it with the pnp.
We will have 6 new "big" adventures this year with unlock 2 and 3. More 30' pnp scenarios will be a good addition. The more the better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a brand new box and does not require the first release to play. With this reasoning, it would make sense to me if they were to include a new training scenario like in the first box. Perhaps they will put one of the print and play scenarios in this box for people who are new to the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
This is a brand new box and does not require the first release to play. With this reasoning, it would make sense to me if they were to include a new training scenario like in the first box. Perhaps they will put one of the print and play scenarios in this box for people who are new to the game?

True, that would be nice but they can also put in the box the introduction scenario again. I of course hope for your idea but I will probably play the pnp before the release of the new stand alone box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jed1knight wrote:
True, that would be nice but they can also put in the box the introduction scenario again. I of course hope for your idea but I will probably play the pnp before the release of the new stand alone box.

Print and play is a great option for people willing to do that. But I'm not prepared to, not worth the hassle of printing, cutting and seeing the cards before you play, just doesn't appeal to me at all. I'd happily pay for the set though so it's a shame they aren't going to release them professionally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jed1knight wrote:

* Unlock!2 will be released in june and there will be 3 new scenarios: submarine, pirates and horror mansion are the themes.
* Soon it will be available to download 2 new pnp scenarios of 30 minutes (The 5th Avenue will be uploaded before the end of March and Temple of Râ in spring).

That went well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nathan
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
jed1knight wrote:

That went well.

It did. They posted the link on March 31:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxdxTLO1xP5KNVN0czRVMGVsY1U...

The announcement was in French, and, as such, so is the link that followed the French timeline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
xitoliv wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:
jed1knight wrote:

That went well.

It did. They posted the link on March 31:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxdxTLO1xP5KNVN0czRVMGVsY1U...

The announcement was in French, and, as such, so is the link that followed the French timeline.

Is it both PnPs and are they in English? On my mobile atm so can't see it very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nathan
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's 5th Ave. (The original post said Temple of Ra at a later date [Spring])

It's not in English.

Elsewhere they've said ~two weeks for English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these just supposed to be tutorials?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nathan
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:

Sure. 5th and Ra are both ~30 minutes (per the tric trac link) and SC calls 5th a "demo" (rough translation) in the post where they linked to the pdf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xitoliv wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:

Sure. 5th and Ra are both ~30 minutes (per the tric trac link) and SC calls 5th a "demo" (rough translation) in the post where they linked to the pdf.

Why though, why keep releasing demos after the initial tutorial scenario explained the rules well, who are they for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
xitoliv wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:

Why though, why keep releasing demos after the initial tutorial scenario explained the rules well, who are they for?

People (like me) who enjoy free mini scenarios?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:

Suppose that's what I'm asking, are they like regular scenarios but last 30 minutes, or are they easier and hand leading, meant mostly to show you how the game works?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:

Suppose that's what I'm asking, are they like regular scenarios but last 30 minutes, or are they easier and hand leading, meant mostly to show you how the game works?

I found this but the 2 30 minutes scenarios are not there yet. I suppose they will be in the easy zone btw (more or less like the elite)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:

Check out The Elite for what these next ones should be like. It's not that it's "easy," per se, but it definitely is a smaller scenario. And it doesn't do any of the hand holding of the Tutorial. Several people were not even able to figure it out. I'd imagine these next two will behave similarly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jed1knight wrote:

I found this but the 2 30 minutes scenarios are not there yet. I suppose they will be in the easy zone btw (more or less like the elite)

Thanks for posting that. I really like what they've done there, classifying them more as an adventure or an escape room, that's good to know. And also the difficulty is very helpful, they should make that image more prominent on their site and especially on the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
jed1knight wrote:

Print and play is a great option for people willing to do that. But I'm not prepared to, not worth the hassle of printing, cutting and seeing the cards before you play, just doesn't appeal to me at all. I'd happily pay for the set though so it's a shame they aren't going to release them professionally.

https://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/unlock-the-elite
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.