Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Longest try to win rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralf Brechtel
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Hi everybody. I want to ask you all: Which scenario took the most takes to win ? And what are the most try's for that ? I am interrested in the longest not the quickest wins. Thank you for participation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BRAUNFELS wrote:
Hi everybody. I want to ask you all: Which scenario took the most takes to win ? And what are the most try's for that ? I am interrested in the longest not the quickest wins. Thank you for participation.

I assume by 'scenario' you mean playing with the 3 objectives for a given film, using its associated location and character cards without any mix and matching with cards from the other films?

If so, I haven't played this way through all the films yet (about halfway thru). At this point though, the 'Alien' Scenario took me two tries (really the first try would probably have been successful, but I decided to replay since I goofed on some of the rules). Playing 'Aliens' has taken me four tries to beat it - so currently that one is in the lead.

For clarity, I play purely solo with only 1 Avatar/character deck - so no coordinating for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McManus
United States
Saraland
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first movie Alien took me 10 tries playing 2 player. No other scenario has taken me more than 2, I still haven't played the Evolved Alien scenario from the expansion but I have played the other one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Zaleski
msg tools
mbmb
I'd have to say Alien has given us the most losses. I don't know the exact number, but I know it is more than the losses for all the other scenarios combined. This is when playing with anywhere from 2 to 5 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McManus
United States
Saraland
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the characters in the barracks for the first Alien movie don't work that well together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jam37wcc wrote:
I think the characters in the barracks for the first Alien movie don't work that well together.

Which actually contributes to the tenseness of the movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Brechtel
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, also the random mixing of characters for the barracks shows interessting results. Lot of attack without healing or vice versa is not best. But you can try a lot of things out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark B
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I struggled to complete the Alien Resurrection scenario the most. It took me four attempts whereas I managed to complete the other three on the first try (but with a lot of moments where I was about to loose if I hadn't drawn the perfect cards in my next hand).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.