10 Posts

Galaxy Defenders» Forums » General

Subject: Additonal Dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Britten
msg tools
Two questions:

1) I have seven hits against a Green Alpha. Only having 5 blue dice in my collection, I roll 2 dice to start with. 1 dice is a fail and the other has a lightning. I roll the remaining five dice, which come up another lightning and 4 fails. Now normally against any other "mob" this would be 7 fails as far as I understand it, but the Alpha has "armor Lightning = expert" which means re-roll failures. Now I reroll all 7 dice and ended up with 3 damage getting through.

Now the question: I didn't reroll again for the second lightning because I was under the impression that you can only re-roll a dice once unless specifically instructed to. Is this correct and the 3 damage stands or should I have re-rolled the fails a second time?

2) Is there a way to obtain extra dice for a sensible price? I had a look on Amazon UK and they were between £80-£150!!!! and there is no mention on the game makers website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you talking about rolling the defense dice for the Alpha against the hits already scored on him? Just want to be clear what you're asking.

In this case, you rolled correctly. Multiple lightning bolts rolled does not allow you to re-roll multiple times. Also, you should ignore lightning bolt effects on the re-roll.

I have no idea where you could find extra dice. In the US Amazon has them for $25. It would appear the other usual places I use are all out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Slater
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing because you quoted a price in pounds that you live in the UK? If so, I buy games and accessories from:

Games Lore
Meeples Corner
Board Game Extras
Patriot Games
Chaos Cards
Shire Games
Games Seek
Monkeys With Fire

and unfortunately none of them have an extra set of Galaxy Defenders dice. Games Seek are out of stock, but they charge £8.27 normally. £80 - £150 is crazy!

https://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/Toyvzknb2ayhx7

I even checked:

The Dice Shop Online

and they didn't have any either.

So unfortunately they look really difficult to get hold of at the moment.

I'm sure I've seen them in stock on Games Lore in the past, but they're not there anymore. I regret not picking up an extra set myself when I had the chance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Agents!

Soon a new small GD Expansion called "Final Countdown" (pretty close to the bundle created during the last KS campaign) will be released, it will include an additional set of dice, together with 3 new agents (and NPC versions):

Scandium
Xeno-Warrior
Vanadium
and other contents!

cool

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Slater
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! thumbsup

Will it be on Kickstarter or go straight to retail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darla wrote:
Will it be on Kickstarter or go straight to retail?

Presumably straight to retail, since all of this content was already released as part of a Kickstarter (doubt they'd get many backers for stuff that just needs to be reprinted and repackaged).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:
Hi Agents!

Soon a new small GD Expansion called "Final Countdown" (pretty close to the bundle created during the last KS campaign) will be released, it will include an additional set of dice, together with 3 new agents (and NPC versions):

Scandium
Xeno-Warrior
Vanadium
and other contents!

cool

Thanks!

Any chance that will we see the scenarios for the KS exclusive stuff (bikes, master aliens) and the scenario app soon as well then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
Simone Romano wrote:
Hi Agents!

Scandium
Xeno-Warrior
Vanadium
and other contents!

cool

Thanks!

Any chance that will we see the scenarios for the KS exclusive stuff (bikes, master aliens) and the scenario app soon as well then?

Yes, we will release the new scenarios, even if it is funny that there is a really low interest in extinction protocol, so I can imagine a even worst for the additional scenarios .
About the mission editor, the developer is "disappeared" leaving us with nothing, Ares is considering to hire the same team involved in S&S Mission Editor, but it is still in evaluation phase, since even in this case, in about 3/4 years of GD, less than 10 missions were made with the core set, so unfortunately, I can only imagine a worst scenario in terms of interest
Simone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Owen
United States
Munster
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very sad that the android GD tracker never got the update for the new missions and such... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:

Yes, we will release the new scenarios, even if it is funny that there is a really low interest in extinction protocol, so I can imagine a even worst for the additional scenarios

By what metric do you think that there is low interest in extinction protocol? Just curious.

Simone Romano wrote:

About the mission editor, the developer is "disappeared" leaving us with nothing,

Oh. Damn... Was really looking forward to it.

Simone Romano wrote:

Ares is considering to hire the same team involved in S&S Mission Editor, but it is still in evaluation phase, since even in this case, in about 3/4 years of GD, less than 10 missions were made with the core set, so unfortunately, I can only imagine a worst scenario in terms of interest

Possible. On the other hand the numbers/types of different aliens in the base box is quite limited from a creative/storytelling point of view IMHO. The aliens from the two expansions do inspire me more to do some stuff with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.