Subject: To those who have played... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you hadn't played this or Fuse and could only buy one, which would you get, specifically if you were going to be playing it 2 player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-F Audy
Canada
Chambly
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuse is absolutely amazing! It's fun, it's fast and it plays well with all kind of people! I played it with 2, 3 and 4 players and it was always fun.

Now, I would like to tell you more about Flatline, but there's not much to say at the moment. Maybe Mr. Klenko or Sara (from Renegade) could give us more details about the game...like a rulebook...whistle

I think that Flatline is definitely a longer game than Fuse, but I really looking to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say it depends what you're looking for. They're both realtime cooperative games, but they're very different from each other. Fuse offers intense gameplay in a small 10 minute package. Flatline also had intense gameplay, but it's more of a light-medium weight game with a lot more going on. There's more to keep track of, more problems to deal with, and a longer play time (25 minutes for 2 players). There's also more cooperation, more variety, and more strategy. Every round you'll be presented with new challenges, and you must triage the situation and deal with it as best you can. Like Fuse, luck of the dice plays a role, but here you have more control.

So, other than the intense gameplay, they have different feels. So, it really depends what type of game you're looking for. They serve different purposes while hopefully both appealing to a wide audience. I say buy both.

This is a very high level overview, but you can jump to 1:18:00-ish for a few details. http://youtu.be/uSy-FD9far0

-Kane
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Favre4MVP wrote:
I say buy both.

Well, you would say that wouldn't you.

95% of my games are co-op, hence why Flatline interested me. I tend to play a lot of long thematic games (> 2.5 hours), and upon introducing Pandemic Iberia found that it went down very well due to the shorter game time and puzzle aspect. With this in mind, a 30 minute puzzle game sounded like a another good option in my collection.

With Flatline, as you describe, having more strategy this is the one I chose to buy (even though the retailer had the release date as today when it looks like it won't be released until next month). So because of that, with a group gathering happening at the end of the month I went and ordered Fuse last night as well so there you go, I'm all in. Hope it goes down well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.