Subject: Noise Radius rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little unsure about how you actually find what zones are at range 1, 2 etc.

If it's just a matter of moving outwards from the zone of noise then I don't get why the yellow zone is 3 away and not 2. Do you not count diagonal?

The rules say that Zone radius is found by counting all zones that share at least one connecting edge.
I'm assuming this is meant to mean zones that share at least one connecting edge to the room that generated the noise?!

If so then I don't really get the pictured example on p.7. as the zones above and below the Marine doesn't actually have a connecting edge to the room with the Marine. The room zones above and below the Marine only has connection with the Noise Zone through a second room that links them.

So the way I'm reading the rules only the zones to the left of the Marine/noise (token the one with the Jaeger and the one below) would be at range 1 since they share a connecting edge with the zone with the noise token.
This is obviously wrong which sadly means that I'm destined to play this wrong. Which again means I that I probably won't play the game until I understand how this works.

Any clarification would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nusferatu wrote:
I'm a little unsure about how you actually find what zones are at range 1, 2 etc.

If it's just a matter of moving outwards from the zone of noise then I don't get why the yellow zone is 3 away and not 2. Do you not count diagonal?

The rules say that Zone radius is found by counting all zones that share at least one connecting edge.
I'm assuming this is meant to mean zones that share at least one connecting edge to the room that generated the noise?!

Yes - rooms/zones adjacent to the Noise are range 1, room/zones adjacent to them are range 2, and so on.

No diagonal moves in this game - for miniatures or Noise.

Some zones have very narrow overlaps. Adam rules that if the connecting edge is smaller than the base of the smallest miniatures, don't consider them to be adjacent at all.

Nusferatu wrote:
If so then I don't really get the pictured example on p.7. as the zones above and below the Marine doesn't actually have a connecting edge to the room with the Marine. The room zones above and below the Marine only has connection with the Noise Zone through a second room that links them.

Noise travels through walls. The room to the 'north' of the Marine shares a wall with his room, so it has a 'connecting edge': it's adjacent. Same with the room to the 'south'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deadmarlowe wrote:
Nusferatu wrote:

Yes - rooms/zones adjacent to the Noise are range 1, room/zones adjacent to them are range 2, and so on.

No diagonal moves in this game - for miniatures or Noise.

Some zones have very narrow overlaps. Adam rules that if the connecting edge is smaller than the base of the smallest miniatures, don't consider them to be adjacent at all.

Nusferatu wrote:

Noise travels through walls. The room to the 'north' of the Marine shares a wall with his room, so it has a 'connecting edge': it's adjacent. Same with the room to the 'south'.

Right, thanks.

I read connecting edge to literally mean where there was a door or some other thing connecting the two rooms together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.