Subject: Upcoming Legendary New from GAMA tradeshow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For all those not following the discussions in the General threads... Upper Deck showed off the following slide:

The next Marvel Big Box will be focused on the X-Men (slated for release around June).

The end of the year will see a small box called "Spider-Man: Homecoming".

Finally, around Septemeber (most likely GenCon) will see the release of Legendary: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

No mention of any Encounters titles slated for the next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. There is a lot going on. 3 OP kits and Buffy! That should be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Huh... So it's literally called an X-men big box? I thought that's just a nick name. So we can hopefully assume that's meant to be generic like Dark City and not based on a specific storyline?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are already several topics about it. Don't spam the board.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
Huh... So it's literally called an X-men big box? I thought that's just a nick name. So we can hopefully assume that's meant to be generic like Dark City and not based on a specific storyline?

I highly doubt that's the final name for it. Especially because the words "Big Box" are in there. They were never used in any official naming...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Etheridge-Nunn
United Kingdom
Brighton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Thanks for the heads up.

All of those sound awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

I highly doubt that's the final name for it. Especially because the words "Big Box" are in there. They were never used in any official naming...

I smell another set naming contest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The X-men set is a bit concerning... Do we even have X-Men left to make a big box of? Seems like there's gonna be a lot of variants and minor characters as Heroes in this set...

I guess the Spiderman one is too... Don't we have enough Spiderman variants?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
XeyneGaming wrote:
The X-men set is a bit concerning... Do we even have X-Men left to make a big box of?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_X-Men_members

Looks like there's plenty left
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:
The X-men set is a bit concerning... Do we even have X-Men left to make a big box of?

Plenty -

Dazzler
Jubilee
Psylocke
Shadowcat
Banshee
Thunderbird
Sunfire
Sunspot
Canonball
Moonstar
Boom Boom
Cypher
Warlock
Magma
Havok
Polaris
Multiple Man
Longshot

And these are all "classic" characters. If you throw in folks that were created in the last 10-15 years - you open up people like X-23, Danger, Dust, Armor, Pixie, Hellion, Elixir, Anole, Glob Herman, the Stepford Cuckoos.... I could go on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
XeyneGaming wrote:

Plenty -

Dazzler
Jubilee
Psylocke
Shadowcat
Banshee
Thunderbird
Sunfire
Sunspot
Canonball
Moonstar
Boom Boom
Cypher
Warlock
Magma
Havok
Polaris
Multiple Man
Longshot

And these are all "classic" characters. If you throw in folks that were created in the last 10-15 years - you open up people like X-23, Danger, Dust, Armor, Pixie, Hellion, Elixir, Anole, Glob Herman, the Stepford Cuckoos.... I could go on...

I obviously can't speak for everyone, but few of those are legitimately exciting... And that's the actual problem. In doing some pondering on my own prior to posting, X-23 and Havok were the only ones I came up with that were interesting. We already got Shadowcat in another form, but they could do her again -- just like they could make a "normal" Colossus. I would like Psylocke, though...

I'll reserve judgment, but my hopes are not high for this inevitable box full of B- and C-level characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gord Holmes
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question is what are:

The Dingo Ate the Baby
Dungeon Draft
Quest for the Antidote
Shark Island
Dread Draw

The OP themes for VS? OP for Legendary?

They aren't unrelated as headline is Legendary and VS "calendar"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Phillips
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Those are all new original games that Upper Deck will be releasing this year. They are each stand alone games that will vary in cost with the most expensive being $40.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a lot of @$&%ing dividers I gotta make...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Evilash0130 wrote:
My question is what are:

The Dingo Ate the Baby
Dungeon Draft
Quest for the Antidote
Shark Island
Dread Draw

The OP themes for VS? OP for Legendary?

They aren't unrelated as headline is Legendary and VS "calendar"

Most of those are already here on BGG. Couldn't find Quest for the Antidote yet.

The Dingo Ate The Baby
Dungeon Draft
Shark Island
Dread Draw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:
XeyneGaming wrote:

Plenty -

Dazzler
Jubilee
Psylocke
Shadowcat
Banshee
Thunderbird
Sunfire
Sunspot
Canonball
Moonstar
Boom Boom
Cypher
Warlock
Magma
Havok
Polaris
Multiple Man
Longshot

I obviously can't speak for everyone, but few of those are legitimately exciting... And that's the actual problem. In doing some pondering on my own prior to posting, X-23 and Havok were the only ones I came up with that were interesting. We already got Shadowcat in another form, but they could do her again -- just like they could make a "normal" Colossus. I would like Psylocke, though...

I'll reserve judgment, but my hopes are not high for this inevitable box full of B- and C-level characters.

Depending on when you read X-Men comics, and which teams you read, many of those people are not "B and C level characters".

There's always someone who is going to be disappointed by each set. You can't make everybody happy all of the time. I would be very excited to get a lot of those characters, and more. I can name even more that I would like, such as Chamber, Karima Shapandar, Mimic, Nocturne, Pete Wisdom, Meggan, Rachel Summers, Wolfsbane, Sage, Fantomex, Warpath, Xorn, Northstar (though they could save him for an Alphaflight box), M, Husk, Caliban, Rictor, Magma, Shatter Star, etc. A lot of other people would look at that list and say "Who".

Put me in the group of people that find the prospect of getting the New Mutants very exciting, and would gladly accept more modern characters as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RangerRob24 wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

I smell another set naming contest.

I'm throwing my hat in the ring with "The 'X-Pun' Set".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:

I don't get it. Is it because it's super vague or because I'm super slow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope the Spiderman set slips in Scorpion. Dude is a classic enemy.

On a side note, I'm really looking forward to Dungeon Draft, as I enjoy drafting games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Midnight Rider wrote:
I hope the Spiderman set slips in Scorpion. Dude is a classic enemy.

On a side note, I'm really looking forward to Dungeon Draft, as I enjoy drafting games.

I kind of hope they never put Scorpion in. He's becoming the longest running joke in Legendary.

He's the only character to be featured in every single game of Legendary, despite not being in any game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
jhochges wrote:

I don't get it. Is it because it's super vague or because I'm super slow?

Usual candidates for this naming process would be X-Treme, X-Celsior, X-Pansion, and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they'll name it after the comic event and call it Legendary: Resurrxion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Albertson
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
As long as it also comes with Inhumans the ResurreXion sounds X-celent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.