al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I looked for these answers in the book and the FAQ and could not find answers.

1. Referring to the bold FAQ below it appears to me that ranged heals also require the draw from the modifier deck. I haven't been playing it this way as the Ranged, Target, and Heal sections do not indicate to me that a modifier card is drawn. They all refer to ranged attacks. Have I been playing ranged heals incorrectly?

How do the heal rolling modifier cards work?
Any time a "Heal" attack modifier card is resolved, the figure who flipped it heals the amount specified. This heal can remove wound and poison like any other heal.

2. Suppose I am playing a scenario that spawns monsters periodically based on the number of party members that I am playing with. If a character or two becomes exhausted, does that reduce my party size for spawning monster purposes?

3. Many conditions last until the end of one's next turn. The FAQ suggests that the conditions last until the end of one's next FULL turn. In other words, the condition had to have been in effect at the start of the individual's turn. So if I play a card or item granting invisibility on my turn, do I get another full turn of the effect since I didn't begin the current turn with the condition in effect?

Thanks,
albcann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

2. No, it's always the size of the party at the beginning of the scenario

3. Yes, you get one full turn - so end of next turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
albcann wrote:
Hello,

I looked for these answers in the book and the FAQ and could not find answers.

1. Referring to the bold FAQ below it appears to me that ranged heals also require the draw from the modifier deck. I haven't been playing it this way as the Ranged, Target, and Heal sections do not indicate to me that a modifier card is drawn. They all refer to ranged attacks. Have I been playing ranged heals incorrectly?

Any time a "Heal" attack modifier card is resolved, the figure who flipped it heals the amount specified. This heal can remove wound and poison like any other heal.

You don't draw attack modifiers for a heal. The FAQ is referring to the situation where you're drawing modifier cards for an attack and happen to draw a heal rolling modifier.

Quote:

2. Suppose I am playing a scenario that spawns monsters periodically based on the number of party members that I am playing with. If a character or two becomes exhausted, does that reduce my party size for spawning monster purposes?

I'm pretty sure the spawn is based on the number of characters that START the scenario, not the current number of un-exhausted characters.

Quote:

3. Many conditions last until the end of one's next turn. The FAQ suggests that the conditions last until the end of one's next FULL turn. In other words, the condition had to have been in effect at the start of the individual's turn. So if I play a card or item granting invisibility on my turn, do I get another full turn of the effect since I didn't begin the current turn with the condition in effect?

That's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S
msg tools
1) That confused me to for a sec, but I think this has to do with actual attack modifier cards that involve healing (these cards are not a part of the base modifier deck). So no, you do not draw an attack modifier for a heal action.

2) I am pretty sure Isaac has ruled on this that you continue spawning based on the original party size. In essence, the scenario difficulty is set in stone the moment you begin it, and does not change unless noted otherwise.

3) That is correct. Isaac has made this clear that you must start a turn with a condition in order to lose it at the end of that turn. If for some reason you become stunned on your turn, you forfeit the rest of the turn in which this happens AND you are still stunned the next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

This is referring not to heals that are triggered by ability cards but those that maybe added into the attack modifier deck as a result of a character spending perks. Heals just heal the amount on the card and are not modified by the attack modifier deck cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would a ranged heal require an attack modifier card draw?

I'd say that it stays the same as the original party size. It was already confirmed that if a character becomes exhausted and the remaining characters open a door to a new room, you still place monsters based on the original party size. So to me, if something is based on party size, then it remains the same regardless of declining party size.

Yeah, you get the invisibility at the end of the turn you activate it and it lasts until the end of your next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

A heal is not an attack. Thus you do not draw an attack modifier card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Chiappa
United States
lincoln park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
"..... Isaac has made this clear that you must start a turn with a condition in order to lose it at the end of that turn.

tha for any condition ? and also apply to enemy conditions ?

ex. i stunned/disarm an enemy before his activation and so for 2 round he will not activate/attack (or strengthen?)

i think i m missing something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad_albin wrote:
Quote:
"..... Isaac has made this clear that you must start a turn with a condition in order to lose it at the end of that turn.

ex. i stunned/disarm an enemy before his activation and so for 2 round he will not activate/attack (or strengthen?)

You are. If you stun a monster before it activates, you're stunning it before its turn. When it activates will be its next turn, so at the end of that turn it loses the conditions.

However, I've had a situation where a monster was forced to step on an Immobilize and Disarm trap (no other path to heroes). They stepped on it during its turn, so it was affected for that turn and the next one, two turns in total. Traps with conditions are mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad_albin wrote:
Quote:

This is from the FAQ

If a condition lasts until the end of my next turn, what exactly does "next turn" mean?
"Next turn" means your next full turn. So if you start a turn with the condition in effect, then at the end of that turn, it is removed. If a monster stuns you on its turn, then your next turn (whether that happens in the current round or the following round) you would be under the effect of stun, and then it would go away at the end of that turn. If you manage to get stunned on your own turn, you would immediately suffer the effects, then you would also suffer from the effects on your following turn in the following round before the effect wore off at the end of that turn. This also applies to conditions on monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Chiappa
United States
lincoln park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ok I got it... i just confuse start of "your/enemy" turn with start of a round..
thanks everybody.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi Al,

Would you mind renaming the thread to something more descriptive please? It will help future forum users who are asking the same questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
Yeah, you get the invisibility at the end of the turn you activate it and it lasts until the end of your next turn.

Why at the end of the turn you activate it? Doesn't invisibility activate instantly when you perform the card's action that gives it to you?

I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I don't know of any "end of turn" rule for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
Hahma wrote:

Why at the end of the turn you activate it? Doesn't invisibility activate instantly when you perform the card's action that gives it to you?

I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I don't know of any "end of turn" rule for that.

I may have been mistaken. Maybe I got confused with elements that don't infuse until the end of your turn. I suppose most of the time it won't matter unless you turn invisible with one card, or the cloak, and then play a second card that allows a bonus for attacking while invisible. Though I don't know how many times you can turn invisible and utilize it offensively in the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
GAFBlizzard wrote:
Hahma wrote:

I may have been mistaken. Maybe I got confused with elements that don't infuse until the end of your turn. I suppose most of the time it won't matter unless you turn invisible with one card, or the cloak, and then play a second card that allows a bonus for attacking while invisible. Though I don't know how many times you can turn invisible and utilize it offensively in the same turn.

It may not be common, but Scoundrel can definitely do it with Smoke Bomb + a bottom half attack card for instant 6 base damage. So I very much hope that combo is legal, otherwise I need to write down the rule location and avoid doing it in the future.

Side note, I assume the XP doesn't double since only the attack "value" is doubled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mournful wrote:
Hi Al,

Would you mind renaming the thread to something more descriptive please? It will help future forum users who are asking the same questions.

I will .... thanks for the suggestion.

albcann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
Side note, I assume the XP doesn't double since only the attack "value" is doubled?

No mention anywhere of XP doubling. Would be nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.