Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc B
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've created a solo variant for the game in the file section, located here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/144884/through-ages-new-s...

I've done a fair bit of testing, but I'm curious how it holds up for everyone. It's hard to program an AI for a game with so much variability. I've seen or heard of winning scores in the regular game varying from 130 to 300(!), so I've tried to account for at least some of that variability to have a competitive game.

If you have questions or feedback, please let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LudoH LudoH
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good!

I am a bit surprised by the number of cards discarded during the first age (and worried about a game that might be shorter than usual). But I guess you also playtested according to the number of turns.

Anyway it looks really great, thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LudoH wrote:
Looks good!

I am a bit surprised by the number of cards discarded during the first age (and worried about a game that might be shorter than usual). But I guess you also playtested according to the number of turns.

Anyway it looks really great, thank you

Yes, I have now reduced the number of cards discarded for each age. Games will last a bit longer now.

I've tried a couple games with the adjustments, and Attila provides a pretty competitive game and you definitely have to adapt to his decisions. The scores were 179-159 for me (I had good Culture production) and 151-118 for Attila (despite me declaring War over Culture twice at the end of the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.