Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see Mr. Dogg's antics here.

Now, I would expect artists to mock leaders. I wouldn't expect a US president to respond, though. Am I wrong to think this way? Should the most powerful man in the Western world respond to mockery in this way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course it's not a bad idea for Trump to respond, after all, it's not like there are many more important, pressing issues, like the deficit, immigration reform, North Korea, Russian hacking, terrorism in the Middle East, China trade policy, the AHA, etc, etc, etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump appears to be psychologically incapable of ignoring insults aimed his way. But yes, that would have been wise.

But I think we're past the point of expecting Trump to respond maturely to anything. Which is sad; after all one thing you'd hope for from the OLDEST elected American president EVER would be maturity...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
It was a stupid idea, shooting a Trump clown in a music video. But artists do stupid things all the time in the name of art.

And Wendell put it much better about our president concerning his age and, ahem, maturity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really impressed by the apparent desire to shoot the president. I can't recall any (for example) country songs about murdering Obama.

That said of course Trump responding at all is stupid and Trump's actual response was stupid because we have a stupid president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
It may play to his base though, pointing out a black man doing a mock killing of himself to many of his base who would have never seen this video otherwise. It helps drive a bigger wedge to keep him from losing too many of the faithful due to his numerous unkept promises. When things start to slip he can always start demonizing BLM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
It may play to his base though, pointing out a black man doing a mock killing of himself to many of his base who would have never seen this video otherwise. It helps drive a bigger wedge to keep him from losing too many of the faithful due to his numerous unkept promises. When things start to slip he can always start demonizing BLM

No its definitely great for him. He should just have handled it differently, have for example Spicer call on the left to denounce the apparent call to murder the president. That puts the left in a box of either going up against a popular black artist or setting themselves up to seem soft on death threats on the president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps Americans should start the Diaper Party. Mail the POTUS some diapers he can use until he decides to grow the hell up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.