Popular Tags: [View All]
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ICJHR88/ref=oh_aui_de...

I had a hard time finding them small enough, but these are pretty good. They paint up nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boggs
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of paint/finish/sealer did you use to get such a shiny gloss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
beanieboy007 wrote:
What kind of paint/finish/sealer did you use to get such a shiny gloss?

I used Rust-oleum "Specialty" Lacquer. I tried a lot of different things and I like this stuff because if I just spritz it on it kind of looks semigloss, or if I spray it on, it comes our very glossy. I think it's for furniture and stuff like that. I used it on plastics, woods, anything really. I like to buy it in 6 can lots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James H├ębert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

Have you ever experienced it not drying completely, or coming out of a game box sticky after a time?

I'm assuming the answer is no, or you wouldn't use it. But that seems to be a common issue for other sealers I've tried.

(In Kansas humidity can be an issue, and I notice that Rust-Oleum recommends 50% humidity for spraying. That may be the key I need to heed.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jhebert wrote:
David,

Have you ever experienced it not drying completely, or coming out of a game box sticky after a time?

I'm assuming the answer is no, or you wouldn't use it. But that seems to be a common issue for other sealers I've tried.

(In Kansas humidity can be an issue, and I notice that Rust-Oleum recommends 50% humidity for spraying. That may be the key I need to heed.)

Well I'm in Atlanta, so the humidity is moderately high. With light sprays it dries very fast. With very heavy applications for a really high gloss, I typically let it dry for a while, say 30-45 minutes. It always dries.

Maybe somewhere more humid would have the issue, but I haven't had it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.