Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Miles
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jim's trumpet reads:
Quote:
When a [Skull] token is revealed during a skill test, exhaust Jim's Trumpet: Heal 1 horror from an investigator at your location or a connecting location.

Does this trigger only when Jim reveals a Skull token for his skill tests, or when anyone reveals a Skull token for their skill tests? The way it is worded, it sounds like anyone's skill test, but I wouldn't have expected it to work that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim hears someone crying, he plays his trumpet to make them feel better. I think it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Anyone's test anywhere, but the SAN healing has to happen locally (not necessarily to the testing investigator).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Miles
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"Are you crying because you revealed Skull or are you crying because you revealed a Hooded Cultist? I need to know. I don't play music for anyone who cries over Hooded Cultists."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owais Aziz
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this post made me realise i've been playing it wrong all along! surprise

but now the trumpet's got a lot more meaning - i used to prefer x2 ritual candles over the trumpet....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the other investigator need to be on the same location? Or is it global?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
My reading is that ANY check, anywhere, from anyone, for any reason, that comes up a Skull means Jim can heal a sanity from himself or any investigator in his or a connecting location, regardless of if any of those investigators were the ones who pulled the Skull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pusherman42 wrote:
My reading is that ANY check, anywhere, from anyone, for any reason, that comes up a Skull means Jim can heal a sanity from himself or any investigator in his or a connecting location, regardless of if any of those investigators were the ones who pulled the Skull.

Looking over the other reaction abilities I think that checks out. Most will specify "you" or "your" or "at your location". The wording on the trumpet is much more open ended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if it has to be in the same game?

If you want, Sam, every time I'm playing and pull a Skull, I'll shoot you a GM. If you happen to be playing, with Jim, with his trumpet out, hey, free sanity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pusherman42 wrote:
I wonder if it has to be in the same game?

If you want, Sam, every time I'm playing and pull a Skull, I'll shoot you a GM. If you happen to be playing, with Jim, with his trumpet out, hey, free sanity!

Haha deal. You will hear a very faint:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
Does the other investigator need to be on the same location? Or is it global?

The Trigger is Global but the Healing is limited to same or connecting location.

Jim can hear the cry anywhere, but when he play his trumpet only nearby people can hear it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.