Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Titelbaum
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To put our finishing touches on Pi Day, we played our first game last night. I want to make sure we ended the game correctly. I was in back, taking my turn, with one truck immediately in front of mine. I had 3 points at the start of the turn. Then, for my action, I served a second-row customer, which gave me 2 points and a push-up pop. This was my third push-up pop, so I got the 4 point location card.

I now had 9 points and was on top of the truck in front of me, technically still in back. Did I immediately win? Do any more turns happen?

Also, the wording about the time track in the instructions seems like it could have been made slightly less obtuse and more consistent, if I'm understanding it right. My interpretation:

Quote:
Restock: Move the same number of spaces as cards drawn.
Attract: Move the number of spaces shown on the customer card.
Serve: Move one space.

Is this right? Attract is the only action referred to in the rules as having a Time Cost to pay. Unless I'm crazy, it seems like all action descriptions should either refer to a Time Cost or none of them should.

Love the game and just want to make sure I'm serving ice cream right.

---Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Mills
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mtitelbaum wrote:

I now had 9 points and was on top of the truck in front of me, technically still in back. Did I immediately win?

Yes, you immediately won.

The summation in your quote is correct. Let me know if you have any other questions here or on twitter @JoshuaJMills

Thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amber S
msg tools
Okay, just so I understand correctly...if the first truck to 9 victory points is in the back, the game immediately ends. If the first truck to 9 victory points is at the front or in the middle of the pack somewhere, those trucks behind him can keep taking turns until they end up on the same space/spaces ahead of him, right (and anyone in front of him is immediately done, with no ability to take any more turns)? And then at this point, the victory points are calculated and someone else might have gotten more than 9...which means they would now be the winner. Do I have that right?

Awesome game, we own hundreds of games and this is both of my daughters' new favorite! Thank you!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Chaffer
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Another way to phrase it:

When a player (let's call her Francine) has 9 or more points at the end of her turn, then play continues as normal until the start of her next turn (this may be immediately, if she is in the back). At that time, whichever player has the most turns wins the game.

In my experience, 90% of the time the person who triggers the end of the game is also the winner, but those few exceptions are exciting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Kanga
Taiwan
Xindian City
Taipei County
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi Amber,

Remember, if several trucks are on the same space, the one on top of the stack is furthest back. So if the player who triggered the "game end" is beneath other trucks on the same space, the game continues until all other trucks are in a space ahead of him/her.

So your sentence "..those trucks behind him keep taking turns until they end up on the same space/spaces ahead of him" is actual incorrect. If other trucks are on the same space then they could be stacked on top of the player who triggered the game end, so they still need to have their turn until the player who triggered game end is at the back of the pack.

I hope that's clear!

Cheers,
Byron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.