Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

The Baseball Highlights 2045: Spring Training Kickstarter is now live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2002188924/baseball-hig...

All of the add ons for expansions, promos, and starter teams are available as well.

Go Wiffle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No big box option for current owners?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Robison
United States
Lynden
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up! I may have to pick up that Extra goodies pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any way to get a cheaper pledge that doesn't include the normal promo pack? I've already bought it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ziegeweid
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire
mbmbmbmbmb
No big box, but a sweet deal on new expansion & promo material: $19 for 3 expansions, the 7 card promo pack and King Yaz. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Doe
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is there any way for existing owners to just get the new rule book and play-by-play? Would love a cheap option contributing to the KS, but unless I'm missing something, looks like we'll just have to print it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DanielRobison wrote:
Thanks for the heads up! I may have to pick up that Extra goodies pack.

Extra goodies. I didn't see anything like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
backed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Super Deluxe owner with a question:

The artwork has changed slightly. (I guess that's not just a more modern version for the campaign page.)
I find it about as pleasing as the original, so no criticism, just want to know if this is how the game will look now?
And I guess the new expansions (Veteran bundle) is only available with this artwork?

Thanks!

PS: Team Europe, Oakland and an orange and blue NY team are desperately needed!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reynard wrote:
No big box, but a sweet deal on new expansion & promo material: $19 for 3 expansions, the 7 card promo pack and King Yaz. Thanks!

Definitely a sweet deal, that's the level I backed. I may have to ditch that most superb of inserts in my Super Deluxe box and work something out. Mike said to keep an eye out, so I'm not giving up hope yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't give up on a big box yet! We have Wiffle and Big Mo working on it!

Stay tuned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
I'm sad wish it had an option for the Spring Training and the first 5 expansions for new gamers. Since I never tried the game before, don't feel very comfortable paying for 10expansions :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Archidelic wrote:
I'm sad wish it had an option for the Spring Training and the first 5 expansions for new gamers. Since I never tried the game before, don't feel very comfortable paying for 10expansions :/

You're probably better off just ordering the existing deluxe edition of the game if you want that much content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim,

The only new artwork is in the Expansion decks. Due to availability, we have gone with different artists on each of them - which means a new style. I think it adds to the game as there are new "looks" each time.

I do my best as art director to keep everything compatible, so everything will work together.

So yes, only the new expansions look different. But that was also true of the Robot Hitters, Errors! & Big Fly!, and now Ballparks, Home Cookin', and Double Trouble.

Does that address your concerns?

Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
runtsta wrote:
Archidelic wrote:

You're probably better off just ordering the existing deluxe edition of the game if you want that much content.

I know, but I will only play solo, so it must be better if I wait for this to go retail and buy the expansions together
Anyway, I wish all the success for this KS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J. Doe,

I will look into the possibility of having copies of the rules booklets on the survey as an add on post-Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice.

Cool to see one of my favourite games up at the plate and coming out swinging. Deffo grabbing the 3 new expansions (despite my 'meh' feelings towards the ballparks) and the promos. Cool.

But I'm also hoping to somehow get the chance during the campaign to:

- get a professionally printed copy of the new rules to stick in my box (as per J.Doe's comment)
- grab a big box to house everything, rather than making my own lame effort
- have some way to buy most recent starter teams 17-24 as an affordable add-on rather than paying 200% more for shipping via the website

Also kinda tempted to get a copy of spring training at that price, just for the heck of it. Also might be the only way to get a good copy of the new rule book apart from printing it myself...

Good luck to Ralph, Mike and all involved.

EDIT: Cool, just saw Ralph's response about the rule book. Hope that happens. Just the other 2 now matey, eh?! Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Archidelic wrote:
runtsta wrote:
Archidelic wrote:

I know, but I will only play solo, so it must be better if I wait for this to go retail and buy the expansions together
Anyway, I wish all the success for this KS

To be honest, the solo game doesn't work that well with the expansions anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance we can get a pledge for just the 3 new expansions and the king yaz promo? I feel like I'm paying for something twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:

To be honest, the solo game doesn't work that well with the expansions anyway.

Hah - you're just saying that because (from memory) I seem to remember you enjoying the thrill of bean-balling an opponent amongst the usual carnage! Don't get to see the look of horror playing solo, yeah?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha! We should have another game some time, I didn't get to play at all last year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricardo,

Be sad no more!

You can add any group of expansions onto the backer survey after the campaign successfully ends.

Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dustin,

If all else fails, you can buy just the expansions you want on the backer survey after the campaign successfully ends.

Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding extra rules booklets for purchase:

As I understand it, printing up extra copies of the rules booklets without the games adds some minimal cost; however, shipping them to backers will be costly. When sending them out (especially with the card decks) they must be protected, which means the overall cost will most likely be more than its worth to do.

Several of the team are away at GAMA presently, so I will continue to look into this once they are back to see if we can figure out a way to do it that makes sense for everyone.

Otherwise, they are free to download. I don't know much about local print shops and what they can do. It is possible, if not likely, that this could be less expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reynard wrote:

As a super-deluxe owner, I take it this is what I get if I want just more BH2045 (not the simplified Spring Training)?

and, I can pick and choose extra teams later that I am interested in.

(Ralph - "Canada" team? Dude, you needed to make these two instead - "Toronto" definitely, and "Montreal" for the real sentimentalists).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.