Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently play Ranger against Shaman and was wondering can card effects that affect weapon (like exhausting it) also affect Shaman's form.

Also, there is a Ranger's trap card that will have its effect trigger if hero attack with its weapon and no other units. Since Shaman doesn't have weapon but only form, can my trap still triggered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you asking about the Druid?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:
Are you asking about the Druid?

Oh, yes the Druid. Sorry, was typing this late at night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, the Druid is one of the grey areas in the game. Normally, you literally do what the cards say. But, the Druid doesn't have Weapon/Armor cards, he has Form cards, which act as both Weapon and Armor together.

One thing that makes me think the Druid's Form cards can be considered as Weapons for the purpose of abilities is his own Flight of the Eagle ability, which includes, "your hero and weapon" in it's description.

I would rule the Forms are both Weapon and Armor.

But, an official ruling from Underground Games would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Stet
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brighknight_216 wrote:
I've recently play Ranger against Shaman and was wondering can card effects that affect weapon (like exhausting it) also affect Shaman's form.

Also, there is a Ranger's trap card that will have its effect trigger if hero attack with its weapon and no other units. Since Shaman doesn't have weapon but only form, can my trap still triggered?

Rootclaw's (Druid's) hero board specifically states in the special rules at the top right. "instead of equipping weapons and armor, your hero can change into different forms. These forms are represented by cards that count as both weapon and armor."

The forms ARE his weapons(and armor). They can be exhausted by effects and they trigger the Ranger's Trap card just as any other weapon does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.