Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Veljko Dobrijevic
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone tell me what are the two deities on this image I'm not sure about :

I can clearly recognize Ra, Horus, Bastet and Thoth, but of the two seemingly crocodile-headed ones either one might be Sobek, not sure what the other is, maybe Seth though strangely drawn ?
And as there are supposed to be 8 deities in the game I think, what are the two not shown here ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
The Asmodee rulebook does not list the deities but the older Rio Grande one does:

Anubis
Bastet
Chnum
Horus
Seth
Sobek
Thoth
Ut
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In bad reception right now, so your picture is not loading for me, but, if I recall, there is Ra, Seth, Baset, Ut, Horus, Thoth, Chnum and Anubis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The gods are all shown on p7 of the version of the rulebook on the Asmodee website. Ra tiles aren't actually one of the eight god tiles, though.

From the left, the five here are Sobek, Horus, Khnum, Thoth, Bastet.

The missing three are Uto, Anubis and Seth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xipuloxx wrote:
The gods are all shown on p7 of the version of the rulebook on the Asmodee website. Ra tiles aren't actually one of the eight god tiles, though.

From the left, the five here are Sobek, Horus, Khnum, Thoth, Bastet.

The missing three are Uto, Anubis and Seth.

This ^^
Ra is the sun god (which of course, has a very special function in this game), whereas the other ones are animal based.

I never took any Egyptian mythology courses (nor do I think they even offer them for that matter ), but I have gotten to commit some of them to memory....
Anubis - dog
Bastet - kitty cat!
Horus - bird
Uto - ally-gator

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veljko Dobrijevic
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank the gods for your answers !
And the fact the sun rises every morning because Ra prevents Apophis from eating it as it goes under the Earth...

I must say I've never heard of Khnum and Uto (though I have heard of her alias Wadjet as a symbol combined with other deities or contained in the pharaonic crown), but they've got all my other favorite egyptian deities, except Isis (she's my favorite, because she's usually depicted as a sexy young woman and because she stands for love, motherhood and such nice things), Osiris and Apophis (well, OK he's not actually an Egyptian deity as in object of worship but more of a feared demon/monster, but too cool to miss out on nonetheless ).

Has anyone noticed all the deity images in Ra are almost identical to the ones on Wikipedia ? Intriguing...
Look and compare to the group image above :

ackmondual wrote:
Anubis - dog
Bastet - kitty cat!
Horus - bird
Uto - ally-gator

Anubis is jackal-headed actually, Sobek is the crocodile/alligator headed one, Horus is hawk-headed, and Uto/Wadjet is the cobra... But you're close !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
The Asmodee rulebook does not list the deities but the older Rio Grande one does:

Anubis
Bastet
Chnum
Horus
Seth
Sobek
Thoth
Ut

The Windrider (Asmodee) rules I'm looking at a PDF of, which I think is final, has the deities named on page 7. The last of these is actually listed as Uto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Dearlove wrote:
tool wrote:

Anubis
Bastet
Chnum
Horus
Seth
Sobek
Thoth
Ut

The Windrider (Asmodee) rules I'm looking at a PDF of, which I think is final, has the deities named on page 7. The last of these is actually listed as Uto.

So it does. I missed it somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.