Subject: Pimping out that spinning Threat Tracker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
So the stock Threat Tracker is fine. It works. As long as you don't bump it or shake the table or tilt it... The problem is that spinny spinner. I've gotten annoyed with it enough to take matters into my own hands.

You can check out the process to create one of your own on my blog:

Walking Dead Wednesdays: Tackling the Threat Tracker

And here are some pics to see what I did:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MASSIVE ENVY! Nice job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Something so seemingly simple is so utterly cool.

And I'm sooooo stealing this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Killa Mini's
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great looking but what bothers me most about the spinner is that its so loosey goosey, I would love to find a way to add some resistance to the mechanism. Currently I support the tracker on two card board barriers to lift the unit up from the table. This allows the pendulum/pointer to rest on the tracker and somewhat eliminate the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
Right that was the initial reason I even started on this. The free spinning dial was just too fiddly. The magnetization would fix it easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where'd you find the bat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
Scarbuck wrote:
Where'd you find the bat?

I think I put the link in my blog post but it is on shapeways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bryant
msg tools
I love your threat tracker

In loo of having a pimped up threat tracker I have found that a glob of blue tac works well to keep the tracker from having a mind of its own and spinning like a bottle at a teenage party
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elitusprime
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
This post only having seven thumbs makes Lucille thirsty...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jackyboy wrote:
I love your threat tracker

In loo of having a pimped up threat tracker I have found that a glob of blue tac works well to keep the tracker from having a mind of its own and spinning like a bottle at a teenage party

My quick and dirty fix was to put some adhesive feet pads on the bottom. It lifts the disk off the table so the arrow rest directly on the disk and there's enough friction so it doesn't spin freely.

Keeping my eyes open for something more creative, like maybe a small chainsaw or machete or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.