Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Terraforming Mars in stock at cardhaus.com $64.99. OOS at CSI and MM. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
j p
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Next reprint isn't due until at least June the last I saw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Link:

http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/terraforming_mar...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Stronghold games site release schedule http://strongholdgames.com/2017/02/01/stronghold-games-relea... , it is back in stores in early March.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And Amazon has them available March 20th at 56.99.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Longholes

Providence
Rhode Island
msg tools
badge
It's also $57 with prime at Amazon.com (In Stock March 20) but I'm not writing home about it. Everyone wants it, they are willing to pay more. It's the opposite of "hot"-- It's HOT. But y'know, if the game is good now, it will still be good in the fall. And if it's not still good in the fall, it's not good now either. Waiting until everyone wants something else so I can get this for what it's actually worth----to me, a deal junky. Bladabla bla bla hot is not blat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I've been looking for this one and "in stock" is better than "maybe coming," in my case!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
and cool stuff said on FB post said they had it in store even though it's oos online
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hudson
United States
Jonesboro
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Pre-order from Coolstuff shipped yesterday so I imagine they will have some stock to sell online shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a local store, Gaming Goat (Schuamburg,IL), that got a large shipment in and selling for $49 (~$55 out the door including taxes). They just got it in Friday. Other goats might have it as well if you are located around chicagoland suburbs if interested.

Either way, I think they are finding it's way to stores soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brach Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have on preorder with MM so am hoping things don't get screwed up and they receive and ship shortly as well. I don't want to miss this go around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmyhudson wrote:
My Pre-order from Coolstuff shipped yesterday so I imagine they will have some stock to sell online shortly.

Same here, my preorder of TM I placed back in early Jan shipped yesterday. I think they have stock for online sales, but they are doing the preorders first, and will most likely update and show " In Stock 20+" one day this week. It would be odd to not have any, apparently this second printing was gigantic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My amazon order arrived today. They have copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren White
United States
Hampton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered for $56.00 on Amazon. It said I should have it by March 23.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The component quality make this game overpriced at anything over $40 in my book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's $51.97 at GameNerdz with free shipping, 11 left in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just idle speculation, but given my experience with board game prices over the years:

I expect this game's price will drop noticeably by year end. The pent up demand will probably be met, and there'll be leftover stock floating around.

Of course, I could be completely wrong and they might have sized the reprint perfectly, or too small, and we'll all be waiting for the 3rd reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Gates Mills
Ohio
flag msg tools
Send me a trade offer!
badge
Buying your rare games since 2015
mbmbmbmbmb
PerpetualFX wrote:

Grabbed a copy, and thanks for the heads-up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@ Misterboy - You're probably right, but even with extra stock floating around the prices most likely won't be below the pre-order prices for some time (~30% off) unless the game is a daily deal or clearance item. For instance, Cry Havoc has seen some significant sales recently (up to 55% off), though it's a less in-demand game than TM or Scythe.

For now though, as long as the game has pent up demand the prices are going up compared to pre-order prices with CSI selling at retail for both TM and Scythe, and Minature Market following suit (at least for Scythe so far, and I suspect for TM as well once it's in stock).

For those of us who don't want to wait, something like GameNerdz actually is a pretty good deal regardless of availability if you just want to buy the one game because it includes free shipping.

@ Corsairs - you're welcome! I was able to grab Scythe and TM from GameNerdz this week - and since Scythe was my first purchase I got enough points to get an extra $5 off TM. I'm sure it's a rip-off compared to what I could get these games for in 6 - 8 months, but I'm happy with not having to wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurie
United States
San Francisco Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:

I expect this game's price will drop noticeably by year end. The pent up demand will probably be met, and there'll be leftover stock floating around.

Supply and demand. Interesting concept.

I expect you'd have to wait 9 months to play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmpoole wrote:
According to Stronghold games site release schedule http://strongholdgames.com/2017/02/01/stronghold-games-relea... , it is back in stores in early March.

They have already had it and now other stores are getting theirs. The issue is despite doubling the print run, they don't have enough to cover the demand so they are doubling it for the next print run. Case in point, MM doesn't have enough to cover their orders for this printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Longholes

Providence
Rhode Island
msg tools
badge
PerpetualFX wrote:

For now though, as long as the game has pent up demand the prices are going up compared to pre-order prices with CSI selling at retail for both TM and Scythe, and Minature Market following suit (at least for Scythe so far, and I suspect for TM as well once it's in stock).

Speaking of speculation...

Scythe distribution is trickling probably on purpose... while less units are being sold, resellers are making a better profit per unit. They are able to sell their stock and compete with larger resellers because the latters runs out of stock quickly if they sell too low.

For Asmodee doing this makes sense because it sells many expansions like LCGs, Ticket to Ride spin offs, etc. So, supporting the local game culture is supporting a repeat customer culture.

But with Stonemaier, I'm not sure why they would do this... even though there is a clear indication they want to support local stores (as displayed in the MassDrop flip-out). Just don't know why exactly, maybe he just wants to be an all around good guy.

Terraforming Mars shouldn't be compared to Scyte, probably. It was a surprise hit, and the print run was too small. Most importantly, Stronghold has stated that this spring printing is the biggest print run they have ever ordered for one game. Not sure how true that is, but... if it is true, you can bet that there will be plenty to go around. It just depends on if distribution will be open gates or a trickle. I am betting I'll have "TM" my the end of May for a pretty good price, which would be great.

Until then, there are so. many. other. great. games. They don't have to be in the top hotness and out of stock to be good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buonocore talked about stock with Dice Tower at Gama yesterday (3:41:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvgv2aFfy9w

Sounds like the second printing sold pretty good (which is what we are seeing pop up now)...and they are currently working on an even larger 3rd print run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PerpetualFX wrote:

Now dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garber
United States
Des Moines
WA
flag msg tools
Introverting Extrovertedly
mbmbmbmbmb
Brodie17 wrote:
Buonocore talked about stock with Dice Tower at Gama yesterday (3:41:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvgv2aFfy9w

Sounds like the second printing sold pretty good (which is what we are seeing pop up now)...and they are currently working on an even larger 3rd print run.

This is basically what he talked about on Board Game Insiders too. He's making a huge run, but by nature of the size of the company it sounds like he has to step it up in tiers so he can use the profit from each run to fund a larger next run.

Good for them, nice to see a smaller company get a big hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
laurie1020 wrote:
Misterboy wrote:

Supply and demand. Interesting concept.

I expect you'd have to wait 9 months to play the game.

Congratulations, you missed the nuance of my post completely.

It's the details of how board game print runs manifest that makes it very hard not to overprint high-demand games.

But good job pointing out that when I suggested that the price might drop by year end, it means you won't own it for 9 months. That was incredibly insightful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.