Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Incoming products? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if this indicates what is coming next, but noticed on the Flying Frog twitter feed they have a picture from GAMA and it shows The Derelict Ship Otherworld and the Hellfire Succubus & Feral Werewolves Mission Packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya looks like a good amount of new stuff coming:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter's wave 2 arrival is dependent on what Flying Frog has on hand (modulo trade show stock) and if someone's pledge can be completely filled. Generally speaking, outlaw backers + a few items will likely see their pledges fulfilled before Mine Cart backers will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cruel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is there some new stuff which cannot be recognized on the picture ? The resolution and angle of the SoB stuff is not the best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appears to be, I was thinking it was probably the retail boxes for the various heroes, but really hard to say for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't know the Hellfire Succubus set was a full mission pack. Thought just the Werewolves and Vampires sets were. Nice! We need more enemy types for Cynder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bludd
United States
Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All told, there will be six initial Mission Packs: Feral Vampires, Hellfire Succubi, The Lost Army, Werewolves, Order of the Crimson Hand Cultists, and Black Fang Tribe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they have The Ancient One?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cruel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
SabastianBludd wrote:
All told, there will be six initial Mission Packs: Feral Vampires, Hellfire Succubi, The Lost Army, Werewolves, Order of the Crimson Hand Cultists, and Black Fang Tribe.

Are you mentioning the KS listed stuff in the campaign or is this actually available at GAMA for sale ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
SabastianBludd wrote:

That's good news. Nice to have custom missions/tiles for some of the special enemies. Hopefully will make for a shorter mission option for nights you can't play for 6 hours!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those were all in the original KS. GAMA is a trade show, so nothing is for sale. They would just be showing off upcoming product releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
SabastianBludd wrote:

That's good news. Nice to have custom missions/tiles for some of the special enemies. Hopefully will make for a shorter mission option for nights you can't play for 6 hours!

Each mission pack will have one new enemy, an assortment of cards (encounters, darkness etc.), one new double-sided tile (lair) and a mini-campaign of 6 linked missions. All the missions, cards etc. will be themed to the enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
I am just seeing the ship, feral vampires and succubi.

I was hoping for the undead gunslinger, flesh stalker and the rats too :\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coiote wrote:

What are the two boxes leaning up against the Vampires box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
eekamouse wrote:
Coiote wrote:

What are the two boxes leaning up against the Vampires box?

The paints, unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marco pacchiarini
Italy
pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about The Burrower XXL enemy pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Michalski
United States
West Homestead
PA
flag msg tools
Board game corner posted some pics on Twitter of close ups of the table. Including the vampire and succubi boxes and token sheets. https://twitter.com/BoardgameCorner/status/84213424212126924...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
DrawsixBD wrote:
Board game corner posted some pics on Twitter of close ups of the table. Including the vampire and succubi boxes and token sheets. https://twitter.com/BoardgameCorner/status/84213424212126924...

Zooming in on that Succubus character card it looks like it says the following (paraphrased):

Vicious Claws: Heroes are -1 to their Defence rolls
Hellfire Demons: Immune to Hellfire and Burning markers
Femme Fatale: Immune to crits from Men, +1 combat against women.

Disappointing really, just a couple of stat changes to a regular base-game enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bludd
United States
Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Examining the back of the Derelict Ship box it looks like there are new versions of Night Terrors (Space[?] Terrors) and Stranglers (Dark[?] Stranglers), so that means there will be a total of 8 Otherworld Threats for the Derelict Ship right off the bat (Necronauts, Turrets, B.E.A.C.O.N. Drones, Dark Stranglers, Space Terrors, Flesh Stalker & Drones, Harvesters, and Trederran Raiders).

It also looks like they've added Cynder versions of Hell Vermin (Hell Hounds) to the Succubi pack, which is a nice surprise. That pushes the number of Cynder Threats to 9 (Lava Men, Lavabats, Souls of the Damned, Trederran Raiders, Harvesters, Succubi, Hell Hounds, Flesh Stalker & Drones, Beli'al).

Below are some images from Kickstarter update #68 that show better details of some of the Mission and Hero Pack items.

These are the objective rooms for each Mission Pack and my best guess is that they are, top to bottom, Black Fang Tribe, Cult of the Crimson Hand, Vampires, Succubi, Lost Army and Werewolves.

And here are some of the upcoming Heroes because they look really fun and I hope they hit retail soon. I have no idea if they're at the show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_bengine wrote:
DrawsixBD wrote:

Zooming in on that Succubus character card it looks like it says the following (paraphrased):

Vicious Claws: Heroes are -1 to their Defence rolls
Hellfire Demons: Immune to Hellfire and Burning markers
Femme Fatale: Immune to crits from Men, +1 combat against women.

Disappointing really, just a couple of stat changes to a regular base-game enemy.

There are cards in those pics that hint at Succubi Specialties (like Bandits have), so presumably there are extra mechanics in there. And the Cynder versions could be supped-up as well. Plus you can't see the Elite Abilities, which also might changed up the game play significantly.

It's too early to let yourself be disappointed.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie Lyons
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The mock-up boxes give me hope that the Vampires and Succubi might see pre-GenCon release, given that the Derelict Ship is probably going to be the big ticket item at their GenCon booth.

Hopefully we get a release schedule soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cruel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Canjul wrote:
The mock-up boxes give me hope that the Vampires and Succubi might see pre-GenCon release, given that the Derelict Ship is probably going to be the big ticket item at their GenCon booth.

Maybe Blasted Wastes and the other enemy packs will also be ready for GenCon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie Lyons
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Crueltism wrote:
Canjul wrote:

Maybe Blasted Wastes and the other enemy packs will also be ready for GenCon

Haha, as a Retail-Gamer-Come-Lately that's the dream. But FFP mentioned pretty early during the Forbidden Fortress KS that the Wastes probably wouldn't see a 2017 release.

I'm sure that most of their focus is on KS fulfillment right now. Definitely where it should be after all this time, but a few more retail goodies between now and GenCon would be amazing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marco pacchiarini
Italy
pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
more pictures!!!

https://www.facebook.com/FFPgames/posts/10154290203356994
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
I asked for the release schedule during the dice tower and this is what I got:

May: D. ship
July: F. Stalker, Allies
September: Burrower and Scourge Rats
October: Feral Vampires and Undead Gunslinger
December: Belial, succubi

This year will be packed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.