Hide
10 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Envelope X *Spoilers* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt K
msg tools
Can someone give me the translation for the text in the envelope? I don't have the patience to translate it myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Heidelberg
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the text with me but here is a summary:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Deleted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt K
msg tools
Wow. So it sounds like you don't even need to get envelope x to get what it points to. I've wasted so much time and effort on getting this and it isn't even necessary for anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dario Arosio
Italy
Biassono
Monza e Brianza
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is necessary.
Redacted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt K
msg tools
Ok, thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Heidelberg
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AstorSigma wrote:
Wow. So it sounds like you don't even need to get envelope x to get what it points to. I've wasted so much time and effort on getting this and it isn't even necessary for anything?

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed about that as well. This will be even worse for non-kickstarter backers if they do not have the decoder thing. Considering that you unlock X instead of a new character class, I thought it might contain instructions for creating hybrid character classes or something cool like that.

Maybe someone can comment if the opposite holds true, but I am expecting more/less the same thing now from envelop A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt K
msg tools
I saw another thread that shows that this is part of a much larger puzzle, one that might not even be solvable until we get an expansion or maybe with more clues in founders of Gloomhaven. In any case, I don't have the energy for it so I'll just wait for someone else to solve it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Guys, Isaac specifically asked that no one talk about envelope X on the forums:

Quote:
2. The contents of all the smaller envelopes, especially envelope X and everything that entails. Seriously, let people discover this on their own. I would strongly prefer you not discuss clues related to envelope X at all in the forums. If someone really wants help, talk through GeekMail.

Can this thread be deleted or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Heidelberg
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I deleted the spoiler with the content. That should be sufficient...

Edit: If anyone still wants to tell me that the content of envelope A is more awesome, shoot me a Geekmail message (but don't spoil all of it). I am still curious!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt K
msg tools
I personally feel that people who ignore spoiler warnings deserve what they get, but feel free to delete any and all parts of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.