Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Torke Van Schnee
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

We're currently making a fan spanish translation of Dawn of the Zeds and We found this wall on the way. I can understand what this card do, but I can't imagine what the cursive text means. I don't know if this is a joke, or a toungue-twister, but all the words begins with the letter "d" and it says as follows:

"The desperate denizens departing their doomed domiciles danced delightedly when doctors distributed deviant dispatches drenched in deceit of desirous deeds done as dubious doubters demurred this done deal was dawned deliberately to decieve dumb domestics dramatically dying daily."

What the...

So, could You please rewrite the text for me to a more understandable sentences?

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern Conciergerie Easylife
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
After all, a murder is only an extroverted suicide.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is what's called an "alliteration". Just look it up on Wikipedia. If you can make the meaning out, you can then easily translate something on your own, I guess ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
If you want to keep the "joke", it's easier to choose a letter (probably D would not be a good pick in Spanish) and write a similar sentence trying to use most words starting with it.

If you really want to go with a literal translation, it's something like: "The desperate inhabitants, after leaving their doomed houses, celebrated when the medics gave them some papers filled with good news. However, they were false, as some skeptic guys objected. Their goal was to trick the fool inhabitants, distracting them from the sad truth: they were dying by the dozens, every day.".

You know, the classic political move: say "it is all well, citizens!" and have the media say it as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The alliteration is entirely my fault. After you write enough rules, you really need to break the monotony sometimes. Sorry. That was not written with localization into other languages in mind, obviously!

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torke Van Schnee
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot!! I know the alliteration figure but I was really lost on the meaning of the sentences. It's clear now. Really cool use, Alan, by the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.