Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Chase
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mb
Orders are issued to "leader's hex and four adjacent linked hexes". Do all of the "linked hexes" have to be adjacent to the leader, or can they just be adjacent to a hex which is itself adjacent to the leader?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The latter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
Your question is explicitly answered in section 18 of the rules, under the Leadership cards section:

Quote:
Units in “adjacent linked hexes” may be in different sections of the battlefield, as long as each ordered unit is adjacent to at least one other
ordered unit, and at least one of the ordered units is adjacent to the designated leader. In this way, a Leadership order enables you to order a “chain” or “wing” of units to move and/or battle in a coordinated fashion

in addition, there is a diagram below the rules text to further clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the great things about playing a 'mature' game like this, that has been through 5 or 6 (or is it more?) printings is that the team paid attention as thousands of gamers experienced the game and asked questions.
First edition sold out so quickly that they did 2nd with little more changes than catching a few typos, but before 3rd, they took a serious pause. I'm proud to say I was part of that team and we looked over ALL the forum questions that had been posted and cross referenced to see "do the rules cover this?" and "do the rules cover it CLEARLY and sufficiently?"

4th edition caught some typos and a handful of new questions. Since that time, I don't think I've seen many posts that really are not in the rules, somewhere, and often with illustrations for the complicated stuff.

Language was really studied. "Adjacent linked hexes" was not something folks had seen much of, so it was illustrated.
One key is to note the words. Per the "or is it?" question in the OP, if they all had to be next to the leader, that would be just "adjacent." If you see something like "adjacent LINKED" then it means something distinct, and the definition should be there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.