Bruce Bacher
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Okami
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played 3 games so far - lost the first two and won the last. So far I have only added 1 card to the deck, which was the Civilization card for the winning world.

I feel like maybe I'm missing something. Am I?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bort Jr
United States
centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll start to add more cards to the deck as the blanks that are already in the deck start getting filled out. For example, when you do the advance action to start a new tech, you flip the top card of the deck. If it's blank or an uncompleted tech, you use that card, but if it's a planet or a completed tech, you start a new card from outside the deck.

I don't remember the specifics, but I seem to recall that the settle action also has a way to add a new card.

There's also the plan action to add a new blank from outside the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Informally, Smizmazmarlemagne II
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a good previous discussion here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1656373/understanding-when-... which I can restate/summarize below.

Cards are added to the campaign deck under the following conditions:

d10-1 At the start of the campaign, you add the initial 36 cards to the deck.

d10-2 During a game, when picking your homeworld, if no valid world is drawn you add a card, randomly generating its suit and rank as per the rules, and then generate the world to put on that card.

d10-3 When you SETTLE and have no worlds or blanks in your hand, you add a card and randomly generate the world to put on it.

d10-4 When you ADVANCE to a new tech and do not draw/discard a blank or incomplete tech, then you add a card and finish generating the tech. In later games, this is the most common way that new cards are added. Edit: I should point out that the current rules have a very minor misstatement, explained below.

d10-5 When you PLAN, you add a card.

d10-6 When you win, you add a card and make it into the civilization card.

Edit: Here's the issue I found (not related to the original question of this thread). I'm looking at page 6, upper right column. Where it describes adding a new card to the deck and generating a tech on it:

Quote:
If it is a world or complete tech, he discards it
and randomly generates a new tech card with 3
random suits in a column ...

it should instead say

Quote:
If it is another type of card, he discards it
and randomly generates a new tech card with 3
random suits in a column ...

since it could be a civilization card, for instance. Then again, I don't think that was at issue, before, but maybe the next version of rules can fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bacher
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Okami
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Sorry for the duplicate question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.