Tim Martyn
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi

I'm certain there must have been a discussion about this situation at some point, but I'll be darned if I can find it. Anyway, the set up is as follows. I'm playing Escape from Dol Guldur two-handed. Both heroes from the 'hand' that has the captured hero are dead. In addition, this deck has a higher threat level than the other. Technically, it's still in play because I still have a hero left (the imprisoned one). Do I still continue to engage enemies from the staging area? What happens to the enemies already engaged with me when my heroes died? I'm guessing they stay where they are.

As ever, any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the official FAQ:

Quote:
Q: If all of a player’s heroes (except for the captured
hero) are destroyed during the Escape from Dol Guldr [sic]
scenario, is that player eliminated from the game?

A: Yes, the player is eliminated, and the players (as a
group) have lost.

Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Freeman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong here, as I didn't find anything conclusive after a quick search in the rules. However, whenever I've been in similar situations on this quest I've always assumed the face down hero is essentially out of play - and, therefore, that player will be wiped out at the point that the other two heros are dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Martyn
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks. It came as a bit of a relief actually! Phew, that is one tough quest. I will need to lie down in a darkened room after that one. Still, unsurprisingly I got further playing two-handed than I ever have playing with only one deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll manage it two handed I'm sure. Especially after tackling the Hobbit adventures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Martyn
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Cheers Dan. I'm about to start OTD. Looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.