Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Rau
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good afternoon fellow Saskatchewan board game geeks!

My name is Ryan Rau, and I'm a mathematics teacher at Bethlehem Catholic High School in Saskatoon. I run an after school board game club every Wednesday, as well open up my classroom to students every lunch to play games.

As part of a fundraising effort, I was thinking of hosting a couple of board game tournaments (King of Tokyo, Star Realms, 7 Wonders, etc.) where the entrance fees would go to funding the club to buy new games, supplies, etc. I've been in contact with several games companies (White Wizard Games, Iello, Asmodee) and they are more than willing in assisting with this process.

I guess my question would be, would there be any interest from the gaming community for such events?
I would like to poll the community first to see if it is worth putting in some time and effort.

Look forward to hearing some comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TANNER H
Canada
PILOT BUTTE
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always willing to help out. I would even recommend opening up a means for open donations as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Rau
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Tanner! We are currently working on a method on accepting open donations to our club. Part of our club philosophy is that if people are being generous enough to help us out, we should be giving them something in return. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.