8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: One button game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Burke
msg tools
designer
I remember hearing about the concept of designing a "one button game" for like a flash video game. I thought the concept could be used for a board game. like a one card game. Somehow each player only gets one card and somehow you need to made a game from that. Does that sound cool to anyone else or is it the stupidest idea ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Petting Zoo wrote:
I remember hearing about the concept of designing a "one button game" for like a flash video game. I thought the concept could be used for a board game. like a one card game. Somehow each player only gets one card and somehow you need to made a game from that. Does that sound cool to anyone else or is it the stupidest idea ever.

Werewolf?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Gibson
Canada
Powell River
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You may want to check these out:
Single Card Game
Pretense
Coin Age
Bonsai Samaurai
Shift
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Bunny Bunny Moose Moose?

Love Letter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not the dumbest idea. I have an almost finished game where each player has a single card each, and that's it (oh, and a scoreboard).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brettell
Australia
South Turramurra
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The trick is working out what changes each time the card is played. Maybe turn order varies somehow, and each player's card behaves differently depending on which card it is played after?

Orientation could make a difference, although you could argue that then you're just combining 4 different cards onto a single card.

Interesting idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Win, Lose, or Banana? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bort Jr
United States
centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fungibility uses many copies of one card, where orientation matters. I have no idea if it's a good mechanism or not, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.