Hide
6 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Local Connection question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brooks R
msg tools
I looked through the FAQ and don't see this exact question ...

Character Upgrades – Local Connection: “Once per turn, you may Treat Disease in a city connected to your city.”

In treating the disease in the connected city, can you treat as many cubes as desired in that city(assuming sufficient action points) or are you limited to treating one cube per turn?

I'm guessing its as many cubes as desired, assuming sufficient action points.

Thx,

Brooks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
brooksr wrote:
I looked through the FAQ and don't see this exact question ...

Character Upgrades – Local Connection: “Once per turn, you may Treat Disease in a city connected to your city.”

In treating the disease in the connected city, can you treat as many cubes as desired in that city(assuming sufficient action points) or are you limited to treating one cube per turn?

I'm guessing its as many cubes as desired, assuming sufficient action points.

Thx,

Brooks

You can use the Treat Disease action in a neighboring city once per turn. At the beginning of the game, for most characters, this is just one cube per turn. For the Medic, or if the disease is Cured, that single action removes all cubes of one color. If you want to remove more cubes, you have to either move there, or do it over multiple turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once per turn means you can only use the "Treat" action once per turn for treating adjacent cities. For most characters this will mean it is limited to 1 cube only. BUT if the disease is cured or you have the Medic with it, then you could use 1 "Treat" action to treat multiple cubes at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stamp
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My opinion is that once per turn you can take the treat disease action in a connected city. This would mean that you can normally only remove one cube.
If the disease is cured or you give this power to the Medic then for one action you can remove all cubes from a connected city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beecher Greenman
msg tools
mb
You can take the Treat Disease action in a city connected to your own, once per turn. That means removing one disease cube, unless you have reason to believe otherwise (for example, if the disease has been cured or sufficiently mutated, or if you are the Medic). It's an especially powerful upgrade in the Medic's hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gin Yu
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheSpooniest wrote:
You can take the Treat Disease action in a city connected to your own, once per turn. That means removing one disease cube, unless you have reason to believe otherwise (for example, if the disease has been cured or sufficiently mutated, or if you are the Medic). It's an especially powerful upgrade in the Medic's hands.

Agreed! This character upgrade is maximized when in the hands of the Medic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.