Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
justin lenaghan
Canada
Victoria
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I had a great scenario 2 with the scoundrel. I combo'd all of my abilities with the bandit commander who was poisoned and positioned next to my ally but isolated from his for a gargantuan 16 damage. The problem is that there are 3 curse cards in my deck and my own null.... with so many lost cards at the end of the combo i basically would have slid under the table and died if I whiffed my combo.

Fortunately I pulled a 2x and did 32 damage and one hit the boss!

Regardless. Does anyone else find that the scoundrel is just so susceptible to the combat deck? No other class I have seen puts so much into a single strike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think because the Scoundrel focuses on big, single attacks, it probably feels more susceptible to the damage deck. But the Scoundrel in our party has chosen perks so that even at Level 4 she has I think a 14 card deck and doesn't apply negative scenario effects. She also donates at the Sanctuary before every scenario. All of that, plus Eagle-Eyed Goggles means that she is actually the LEAST likely to pull a whiff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
14 card deck, do you mean pool? I thought the maximum number of cards you can take into a scenario is the number shown on the character mat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belborough wrote:
14 card deck, do you mean pool? I thought the maximum number of cards you can take into a scenario is the number shown on the character mat.

They mean the attack modifier deck which starts at 20 but can have cards replaced and / or added and / or removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
aubaine wrote:
I think because the Scoundrel focuses on big, single attacks, it probably feels more susceptible to the damage deck. But the Scoundrel in our party has chosen perks so that even at Level 4 she has I think a 14 card deck and doesn't apply negative scenario effects. She also donates at the Sanctuary before every scenario. All of that, plus Eagle-Eyed Goggles means that she is actually the LEAST likely to pull a whiff.

This is what I'm working towards with "Liriele". Love the Eagle-Eyed Goggles. I'm also going to start getting blessings once I thin my deck a bit more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Moffett
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the goggles. After you improve her combat deck through perks she is a single-target god. When I retired my scoundrel at level 8 with all six of her bonus perks unlocked she leveled everything effortlessly. Also, there is a certain item that you will likely find that allows you to summon a certain ally, buy it, since many of her best abilities rely on allies being close you can use it at the proper time to set up attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeramy Ware
msg tools
mbmb
Sorry to bring up a dead thread, but is the deck supposed to start at 20? I think the scoundrel in our games only has a deck of 17 and my spellweaver has 18 to start with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
motg wrote:
Sorry to bring up a dead thread, but is the deck supposed to start at 20? I think the scoundrel in our games only has a deck of 17 and my spellweaver has 18 to start with.

All five attack mod decks (players 1-4 and the monster deck) start with the same 20 cards, as shown on the top of page 5 in the rulebook:

6 of the +0 cards
5 of the +1 cards
5 of the -1 cards
1 of the +2 cards
1 of the -2 cards
1 of the 2x cards
1 of the Null cards

The AttMod cards that come in the character boxes are NOT their starting deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So yes, all attack modifier decks start at 20. Though that number can vary once perks are applied (cards getting taken out, added, or substituted).
However, once that character retires (or the player switches to a new character), the attack mod deck is reset to the original 20

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b p
Croatia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
motg wrote:

You are not playing with the proper decks then.
Combat decks for all characters are the ones numbered 1-4. The ones with your class symbols are not combat decks but specific class cards you can use to modify your deck as you level up.

Sadly, this seems to be a common mistake among new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeramy Ware
msg tools
mbmb
Whelp, I'm an idiot. No wonder things were so easy. Thank you. That was simply a bad combination of watching a video to learn the rules, and making the mistake of assuming it taught me everything I needed to know enough to just skim the actual rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.