Subject: First Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Klipfel
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Owned Scythe for some time now, but just got it to the table on Saturday. Due to the art on the box my teenage daughters requested to try the game out.

First Impressions: Was very happy about how quickly the game turns went. Never felt like it took long to get to my turn. Loved the "cold war" feeling you get from the game. Resources on the board is a nice twist compared to other games I've played. Overall really enjoyed the engine building, you can feel yourself getting stronger and stronger.

Biggest Surprise was the sheet for recording game results. That was fun and rewarding and has left me wanting to play again to get more names on the board.

Looking forward to more game plays before I can give it a rating, But very satisfied after one play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kinne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you like it too. I must say, the game got under my skin. Even though I've not won it once so far, I can't wait to play it again. I am desperately trying to work out why I can't win. What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Frey
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be popular!
I've only won 1 game when my opponent was more popular than me, and that was because I had a ton of territories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
... seriously, do it :-)
badge
Play more board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, popularity! Don't be LESS popular than the others - this can already be enough...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sean
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
badge
You wanted the best, You got the best, The hottest band in the World..KISS!
mbmbmbmbmb
Played for the first time 7th March.
Love the concept and the art work and the "leader minatures" was dissapointed by the wooden bits and thus skeptical of the game.

But I have to say I bloody loved it. Came a close second to the Germanic (black) faction playing as the Rusviets. Never got to go to the factoryshake but was first to play all stars.
Love the relentless special action which allowed me to repeat build etc.
Looking forward to playing again.

Not my game so I will have to pester the ownerwhistle.

Can`t remember being so taken by a new game after having misgivings which were totally wrongmodest.

Strangely no combat in the game either and with five players!!
Would heartily recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Klipfel
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have not figured out what exactly brings me back to a game. But for me it is the most important part of a game. Do I want to play it again? I guess there are many reasons why one game comes off the shelf while others stay on it. Still I like to let some time pass before I rate games, to see how strong that magnet is.

One week after first game play the magnet is very strong with Scythe. Perhaps even more important, my daughters are up for playing it again. I am confident that this game will stay in my collection and be played many times over the years. Perhaps earning a spot beside Caverna on the shelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve P
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Friends brought this game to our weekend gathering. I was worried that my wife would not like this at all. It is very "intimidating". But by the end of the first game both of us really starting "getting it" and already were thinking of the ways we would play different.

My wife LOVES Catan City and Knights. We have played that for well over a decade, but I am not a fan. I think she will get as interested in this.

Great find!

I have already purchased almost everything online, including KS exclusives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.