Popular Tags: [View All]
John B. Firer
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am confused as to the total number of monastery tiles included in this edition. Some of them are obvious but some look like they are just villages at the termination of a road. Are they in fact modest dwellings of monks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JBF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this is simply a winter-themed clone of Carcassonne, there should only be 6 Monasteries in the game. I suppose there may be one more with the bonus tiles that are included, but no more than that. Monasteries usually stand out pretty well on the landscape. There are no "modest dwellings of monks" in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
constantly thinking on variants to create and implement
mbmbmbmbmb

This Edition have a 72 base tiles set + 12 bonus animal tiles. The base set must have 6 Cloisters total (4 regular + 2 with a road segment). The bonus set may have 1 or 2 Cloisters (I'm not sure of this). So, depending of the bonus set, you would count between 7 or 8 Cloisters total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Bagshaw
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Based on last page of the rule book it is 8 Monastery tiles.
I have the Hans Im Gluck version but also a copy of the zMan rules

WinA x2, WinB x4 (original)
WinTierD x1, WinTierF x1 (new)

The German version states that the 84 tiles are the 72 from the original plus 12 new for the Winter edition -- that includes WinTierD and WinTierF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B. Firer
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Gentlemen, you have been quite helpful!

Regards,

JBF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John_B_Firer wrote:
Some of them are obvious but some look like they are just villages at the termination of a road.JBF

The one that looks like a village at the end of the road is not a monastery but just a dead end road. That tile has confused a few of my players too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.