John Gentry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hey
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a way of taking out some cards as the game evolves? We have played up to 5 and Dumbledore has only come out once. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I assume you're talking about Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle. Or are you talking about a different game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gentry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hey
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, Yea..... I hate having to fight professor quarrel going into game 4, just isn't thematic in some ways. I'm a huge fan so it just seems like my Golden snitch killing a dementor is just off.

Not too troubling and somewhat comical but just wish there was a way to make it shorter as the saga continues.

Also big issue with Not even SEEING dumbledore, amongst other awesome spells and characters until game 4, 5 etc.

Player recruit deck gets too massive as more boxes are opened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to HP:HB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian B
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmb
One thing I've seen mentioned is taking out villains that are dead by that stage of the books and replacing with the unused Voldemorts from earlier games.
Also if there is an expensive card like Dumbledore that you really want available why not place him as one of the first six cards? You will take a long time to get enough influence to recruit him and he will take up a spot that you could otherwise use so that might balance out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gentry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hey
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very true, I guess the thing about it is that the deck just gets so massive and dumbledore or not, cool spells come out along with other characters as well. I guess I can just rig the game but I was hoping for a variant or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian B
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think a fun option would be to create whatever hogwarts deck you like, as you would in a collectible card game. It would probably make the game a bit easier so you might need to add an option to increase difficulty also and there are a few variants that do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gentry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hey
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point, the only issue with that, which I have done, is you really need some of the dinkier spells to power up your recruit value. I have had it wear there were all professors for buy and no one could afford it.

taking out some of the smaller and more redundant spells could be an option. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian B
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmb
Exactly. That is part of the art of pre game deck building as with CCGs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.