Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: First Game: Complete! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Bouley
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife, step-son, friend, and I just completed our first game of Scythe after much waiting and it was GREAT! We all really enjoyed the artwork, theme, game pace, and asymmetry. Each turn kept us on our toes as each player could take slightly different top and bottom actions as the previous or next player.

We watched the 30-minute tutorial by 'Watch it Played' to prepare for our journey through Europa but still referenced the rulebook from time to time to make sure we weren't making any illegal moves. Due to our busy schedules and bedtimes, our game was limited to a little over an hour a night over three nights. We definitely feel that we can now do it in one sitting on the weekend.

That being said, no one wanted the game to end. Each of us kept wanting to build our engine, explore the board, and increase our reputation and power. This game will definitely be hitting the table for the rest of the year and probably beyond. I don't feel qualified to write a review at this point, but maybe after a few more run throughs.

Thanks all! This is my first post; the BGG community is great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kinne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you liked it.

I must agree - I always feel I need a couple more turns and I'd be in a much better position.

I've been trying to get our daughter to play the game with me, but she prefers King of New York, Fluxx and Above and Below - which I can understand.

I'm just desperate to practice the game as much as possible, so I can finally win a game on our weekly games night with my friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus T.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oliver, you should join us on Tabletop Simulator (not free though), there's usually a few games of Scythe there. I've been playing once or twice a game every evening for this week, practicing and learning the rules better :-)

But yeah, always have that feel you just need a couple of more turns - and BOOM, somebody places 2 stars and ends the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kinne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been practicing for free on Tabletopia - even though there you always have Nordic and Crimea. It's still pretty good for practicing though.

I'll have a look at Tabletop Simulator as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.