Subject: Engaging, evading and so on. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing through the first scenario for the first time with the suggested decks, Wendy and Roland. Playing two handed solo. I'm just interested to hear if I'm getting this right in regards to the rules. Spoilers ahead.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Both Roland and Wendy are in the parlour. The Ghoul Priest is engaged with Roland. In addition, a Ghoul Minion and a Swarm of rats are engaged with Roland. He used all his three actions to fight the Ghoul Priest using 45 automatic. He also controls Lita so he puts 9 total damage on the monster during his turn thanks to lucky draws. It is my understanding that the other two enemies don't use opportunistic attacks as long as Roland is fighting something. Meanwhile, Wendy wants to engage the Ghoul Priest and attempt to evade him so he exhausts. That way she can play sneak attack for two damage and the kill. Is that a legit strategy given the situation? As she is not engaged with anything but at the same location, nothing attacks her when doing the engage action, right? So this is all within the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything seems correct to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Yeah, looks legit. That's Wendy, friggin kill stealerQueen of Arkham for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Scaife
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi
How did you get Lita?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scagl001 wrote:
Hi
How did you get Lita?

Roland is in the parlor; presumably he passed an Intellect (4) test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Suarez
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Our group refers to the Engage, Evade, Sneak Attack combination as the "Wendy Shuffle". We use it frequently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.