Popular Tags: [View All]
John B. Firer
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is with great relief (and pride) that I announce the release of “Age of Bismarck” through Fog of War Publications, LLC. Ordering information will follow shortly. I can tell you at this time that I am releasing this simulation at a much reduced price of $15.00. The whys and wherefores will become apparent as you read further.

This will conclude the 15 year odyssey of this design, through three potential publishers and numerous frustrated fans (and designer) as they awaited a game they supported loyally over that time period. One of my basic intents in founding FOW Pubs in 2016 was to finally bring this and other of my designs to fruition. The other design which vied for immediate attention was “Ides of March” – hence I think it is fitting to announce the release AOB on the Ides of March 2017. AOB won out due to the desires of its fans and also because I finally wanted to get this design behind me and move on. As a reward for this loyal support for over a decade-plus, I am offering AOB at this extremely inexpensive price. This initial price may go up sometime in the future but for now, it will remain at $15.00.

At this point, I would like to acknowledge an individual who in many ways was the midwife to AOB – Mark Simonitch. You can read more about his role in the AOB Playbook but I would like to acknowledge here that not only did he serve as a mentor to a budding young designer but he also translated my rough mapboard into the finished product contained within this release. His only “fee” was credit for the end product and one gratis copy of AOB upon publication. His copy will be the first order sent out in acknowledgement of the debt I owe him.

In conclusion, I want to thank the many followers who never gave up on AOB. But in many ways more important, they never let their frustrations spill over into public forums where AOB could be compromised before the many potential customers who may show interest in the design both now and in the future – thank you!

John B. Firer
CDG Designer and
Sole Proprietor of Fog of War Publications, LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.