Subject: 2 player beginner game issue...? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Bottomley
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

Just received my copy of Outlawed and decided to try a test game with my son. Since it's a beginner game we removed all cards that don't have a small badge icon. Then, because it's a 2-player game we removed the only card that doesn't have a 2-bullet icon (The Wild Bunch), leaving 5 cards: Wolfgang mcclane, duke tigre, hawkins, lionel manesworth and pandito

at the start of the game we both randomly removed a card and BOTH removed manesworth, leaving 4 characters in hand. Since a beginner game ends when at least one player has apprehended 4 characters we couldn't actually end the game because we only had 4 cards in hand and neither of us could apprehend our final card, duke tigre, because manesworth has to have been played in order to apprehend him...

confused...

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kotarski
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jim!

Sorry about the confusion. This issue is honestly an oversight. The end game condition of 4 cards in the two player game is based on the use of all of the 2 players cards, not just the beginner cards.

Three options for solutions to this:

1. Play to 3 apprehended cards with beginner cards.
2. Use all of the 2 player cards. The reason for the beginner game is to help players learn the abilities in tiers so they aren't overwhelmed by all of the names and abilities. Since the full 2 player game uses less abilities anyway, it's less overwhelming for first timers.
3. Do not discard a card at the beginning of a two player beginner game.

I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bottomley
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Jason! Just glad I wasn't missing something

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.