Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play PBEM on VASSAL and I see what looks like a great module. Does it play well in PBEM mode?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It could be done, but game is very dynamic to be played PBEM if you ask me.

You are better off finding a partner and play Vassal live for 2-3 sessions of 2-3 hours each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the sequence of play, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for responding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...
mbmbmbmbmb
People play ASL via PBeM a _great_ deal and that's a very interactive game.

In MBT, for example, you could do the entire fire phase for each player without interaction (you roll for your opponent's units where applicable) since Fire-related Overwatch only happens after all Fire (and the fire portion of Fire-Move) orders are carried out. You might need a couple of rounds of fire-related overwatch if you're playing a large game.

Similarly, don't move every single unit before sending your log file to the opponent - move a few - particularly units whose moves aren't contingent upon one another (e.g. complete opposite sides of the board). That way your opponent has an opportunity to interrupt your move with move-based overwatch fires.

You can also give instructions like, "stop the log if he didn't make it" or "keep going even if you blew that guy up" etc.

It's really not as hard as you'd think.

-N
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I have played other games PBEM and at times we have made allowances and small changes now and then for the sake of moving the game along and it works out. Sure, maybe not exactly rules as written but if the other player isn't super competitive, it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.