Hide
6 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: End of game component analysis. [MAJOR SPOILERS] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Faye Russell
msg tools
So, I don't think I'd be alone in saying that when you finish something like seafall there are people who go back and meticulously check for things you missed.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Specifically in the Captains booke, I found three passages that have no rules text and seemingly no way of leading to them. These being entries 402, 403 & 427.

Leading theory in our group was that 427 was left intentionally useless as the tradition in 'Choose-your-own-adventure' books was that the final entry was the victory entry and with 427 being the last it was made useless to prevent spoilers.

The other two entries are quite interesting from a story perspective and as such I'm really curious as to what leads there. Has anyone else come across these entries? / Does anyone know how you're directed to them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Addington
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
For those that dont have the captains booke, what do those entries say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Faye Russell
msg tools
Entry 402:
"Where the sea falls from the earth, there is not more water nor more land but an inky void. You peer up at the skies as if seeing them for the first time. Wtih dawning horror you realize that your world isn't a world at all but some sort of giant ship itelf, racing through the depths of the night sky. The ancients were not people like you but some sort of powerful gods or beings from another world. But what is their purpose with you? Are you playthings? Pets? some sort of zoo where they watch your every action? One thing is for sure, you have awakened them"

Entry 403:
"Killing the emperor on his throne set ofa series of reactions each more powerful than the next. What had once been local natives are now a massive army. Even more troublnig is the ancient navy pouring forth from this island. Bent on revenge and more powerful than your ships by far, it will take all of your efforts to survive, let alone stop the ancients from being reborn."

Entry 427:
"What a marvelous parade it was, leading us down to the docks for the christening of the refitted ship. They say that none is finer in all the provinces! I do not doubt that. My legs are shaking as I walked aboad, though none could see under my finery. My head did throb from the drink the night before. Whymy wife spent so much money on that party is beyond me. I'll be at sea for months. Hope to find some goods or coin out there as I lost very badly at cards"

Thoughts:
427 seems to directly reference the above entry [426], the one from the wife's perspective from finishing the milestone "the finest treasures", but otherwise has no significance. Theother two are placed DIRECTLY after the entry to open the last box so maybe they're supposed to be read after that? but it's not explicitly stated so I'm remiss to say that for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're right, they should be read together with the prior entries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like red herrings to hide the true nature of the final island. Each is a theme on what the last island could have been.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I asked myself the same question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.