Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For scenario 1. There are 4 events Cards placed next to the scenario card but do the remaining event cards form the normal 4 cycle deck. Scenario card said to remove remaining cards. So is there no event cards for this scenario except the ones on the scenario card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yerry,

Welcome to M:ASoC!

For the starting few scenarios you want to use the Event cards marked with a "0" on the front. Remember that you'll use only one Event card for the 1st Cycle between Round 2 and 3, but two Event cards for the other Cycles.

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe. We aren't talking about the same scenario. This is Scenario 1 from the Kickstarter where you are figuring out what happened to the reality show colonists who perished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies, Terry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Schmitz
Germany
Lauchringen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:
For scenario 1. There are 4 events Cards placed next to the scenario card but do the remaining event cards form the normal 4 cycle deck. Scenario card said to remove remaining cards. So is there no event cards for this scenario except the ones on the scenario card?

Terry,

you are playing scenario 1 "Mars One"?
For this scenario you have to use the "normal" event cards with the No. 0 (its on the side in the right corner where you can read the event).

Additional sort all event cards for this scenario 1 "Mars One". Sort these 8 cards with No. 1 in the right corner by the stage number on their back. You have 2 cards with Event 1 up to event 4. Shuffle each and pick one of each event and place them on the scenario card. The unchosen cards put back into the Gamebox.
So you have to play with the "normal" event cards and every player who wants to take part of the exploratory mission places his action marker on the stage of the scenario card. First player of every stage reveals the correponding event card and reads it to others.

I hope you get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeule wrote:
T-Mo wrote:

Terry,

For this scenario you have to use the "normal" event cards with the No. 0 (its on the side in the right corner where you can read the event).

Additional sort all event cards for this scenario 1 "Mars One". Sort these 8 cards with No. 1 in the right corner by the stage number on their back. You have 2 cards with Event 1 up to event 4. Shuffle each and pick one of each event and place them on the scenario card. The unchosen cards put back into the Gamebox.
So you have to play with the "normal" event cards and every player who wants to take part of the exploratory mission places his action marker on the stage of the scenario card. First player of every stage reveals the correponding event card and reads it to others.

I hope you get it.

Andreas so you only chose from the "1" events to pick 4 for the scenario card and the "0" cards form the normal event deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Schmitz
Germany
Lauchringen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Terry,

yes correct! This how i play this scenario.

Greetings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeule wrote:
Hi Terry,

Greetings

Andreas - when you put a Astronaut token on the scenario spot for Event 1 - does that Astronaut have to stay there for all 4 cycles completing one event each cycle or can it be pulled back with Receate action like on the main board and come back each cycle to do an event? Wasn't able to figure out if it has to stay there the entire scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Szwanke
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mb
T-Mo wrote:
Eeule wrote:
T-Mo wrote:

Terry,

I hope you get it.

Andreas so you only chose from the "1" events to pick 4 for the scenario card and the "0" cards form the normal event deck?

Hi all. I like to put my point of view for this problem.

In my understanding the rules it goes like this:
1. take all "0" cards and draw two random for each cycle, rest to the box,
2. take all "1" (or other number acording to scenario) cards draw random one card for each cycle, rest to the box
3. shufle one "1" and two "0" from the same cycle so You have three cards in each stack cycle

from rule book pg.8 point.15 and errata & FAQ pg.2 - list of additional scenarios with event cards and You have the same explanation at Mission card is section Preparation

T-Mo wrote:
Andreas - when you put a Astronaut token on the scenario spot for Event 1 - does that Astronaut have to stay there for all 4 cycles completing one event each cycle or can it be pulled back with Receate action like on the main board and come back each cycle to do an event? Wasn't able to figure out if it has to stay there the entire scenario.

Again look at mission card section

Altered rules:
...When preforming the recreation action, the player may choose to remove their action marker from the scenario card or keep it there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Schmitz
Germany
Lauchringen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:
Eeule wrote:
Hi Terry,

Greetings

Hi Terry,

i think its not clear: If you read the Altered rules, you can remove your action marker, when event card "Solar Flare" is resolved. Also you can remove your action marker to perform the recreation action.
But its not clear where to place the action marker, when you want to do the next mission. Is it possible simply to continue? I don't think so. If you remove your action marker you have to start again with stage 1. If you want to continue and to successfully end the mission you have to stay on the mission card, so you are able to continue to stage 2 and so on.
I dont know exactly if this is correct, but i think so.
Its a hard Mission i think. You have to get your 4th action marker to win the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Szwanke
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Eeule wrote:
Hi Terry,

i think its not clear: If you read the Altered rules, you can remove your action marker, when event card "Solar Flare" is resolved. Also you can remove your action marker to perform the recreation action.
But its not clear where to place the action marker, when you want to do the next mission. Is it possible simply to continue? I don't think so. If you remove your action marker you have to start again with stage 1. If you want to continue and to successfully end the mission you have to stay on the mission card, so you are able to continue to stage 2 and so on.
Its a hard Mission i think. You have to get your 4th action marker to win the mission.

IMO:
Participation in the expedition You always placed Your marker at first stage from top (there is a time, energy and supply icons and arrow pointing from left.
And later
Continuing the expedition if You have marker at first stage You can continue "down" by paying time and energy according to the arrow between sections.
So if You remove marker from mission card You must start form beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Padre W wrote:
T-Mo wrote:
Eeule wrote:
T-Mo wrote:

Terry,

I hope you get it.

2. take all "1" (or other number acording to scenario) cards draw random one card for each cycle, rest to the box
3. shufle one "1" and two "0" from the same cycle so You have three cards in each stack cycle

from rule book pg.8 point.15 and errata & FAQ pg.2 - list of additional scenarios with event cards and You have the same explanation at Mission card is section Preparation

T-Mo wrote:

Again look at mission card section

Altered rules:
...When preforming the recreation action, the player may choose to remove their action marker from the scenario card or keep it there.

Padre - the problem with this scenario Mars One is that you have to put Event cards on the Scenario Card independent of the normal Event Card decks. So which cards go where? Why would you have a 3-card stack as at most you pull 2 event cards per cycle. The 1 cards are supposed to tell the story of what happened with Mars One. So from what Andreas has said and what I believe at this point for this scenario is.

Event Deck - Level "0" event cards shuffled and sorted two per cycle.
Scenario Deck - Level "1" event cards one per cycle on the Scenario Card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Padre W wrote:
Eeule wrote:
Hi Terry,

IMO:
Participation in the expedition You always placed Your marker at first stage from top (there is a time, energy and supply icons and arrow pointing from left.
And later
Continuing the expedition if You have marker at first stage You can continue "down" by paying time and energy according to the arrow between sections.

Ok - this makes sense but when you restart the Expedition do you just skip any events that you have seen earlier. I haven't read all the 1 events so don't know if any other than Solar Flares have effects as I'm thinking for this scenario they are all story events. When I say "skip", I mean the events would've already been revealed, you'd still pay time and energy to get to the next unread event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agoston Rozvanyi
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Padre W wrote:

I think it's wrong:

1. and 2. is correct, but you don't have to shuffle '1' and '0' cards. You have to put one '1' card on the scenario card for each cycle, and you have to use stacks of two '0' cards for each cycle as normal.
If you had to shuffle all cards, it would be written on scenario card. For example on scenario No2 (Refugees):
Sort the additional event cards assigned to this mission No.2 by the cycle on their back, then add them the corresponding stacks of basic events and shuffle them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Szwanke
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mb
T-Mo wrote:
Padre W wrote:
IMO:
And later

Ok - this makes sense but when you restart the Expedition do you just skip any events that you have seen earlier. I haven't read all the 1 events so don't know if any other than Solar Flares have effects as I'm thinking for this scenario they are all story events. When I say "skip", I mean the events would've already been revealed, you'd still pay time and energy to get to the next unread event.

I think Yes, if You are returning on scenario and some cards are revealed so You just pay cost and move forward to next one.

T-Mo wrote:
Padre W wrote:

Padre - the problem with this scenario Mars One is that you have to put Event cards on the Scenario Card independent of the normal Event Card decks. So which cards go where? Why would you have a 3-card stack as at most you pull 2 event cards per cycle. The 1 cards are supposed to tell the story of what happened with Mars One. So from what Andreas has said and what I believe at this point for this scenario is.

Event Deck - Level "0" event cards shuffled and sorted two per cycle.
Scenario Deck - Level "1" event cards one per cycle on the Scenario Card

Guszty wrote:
Padre W wrote:

I think it's wrong:

1. and 2. is correct, but you don't have to shuffle '1' and '0' cards. You have to put one '1' card on the scenario card for each cycle, and you have to use stacks of two '0' cards for each cycle as normal.
If you had to shuffle all cards, it would be written on scenario card. For example on scenario No2 (Refugees):
Sort the additional event cards assigned to this mission No.2 by the cycle on their back, then add them the corresponding stacks of basic events and shuffle them.

Guys You just opened my eyes, You are absolutely right. In Mars One there are two stacks of event cards "0" cards for cycle only and "1" cards for mission only. I played this mission wrong. Thanks for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.