Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grill Murray
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Didn't catch the name of it, 20 scenarios each with a game changing rule. Set for this summer, $7.99.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128861353
at 7h22m18s

Sample Scenario Card (@7h24m00s):
Rushed Defenses
Bases may be acquired for (1) less than their printed cost.
When a player acquires a ship, they may put it on top of their deck instead of into their discard pile
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watched it....and all I can say is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Not a very interesting addition to the game. Since the rules apply to both players equally it would be really easy to "house rule" any of these cards..why bother paying for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Vass
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
agree that this isn't as interesting as I hoped. Star Realms is one of my favorite games so I lit up when i saw "new expansion" but these are very bland. Will likely be the first expansion for the game I don't bother picking up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise

How did we live so long without scenarios in the game? I wonder if I can unback Epic digital so that White Wizards has less distractions to implementing scenarios in the digital game?

I am only slightly exaggerating here. I love the idea. Adding a different set of rule tweaks to each game will, hopefully, shake up the meta a bit. For example, the scenario previewed in the video will really strengthen trade in the late game (since any ship you buy can be used next turn instead of waiting for a shuffle). This sort of meta game shake up is why I like events, except this set is going to not favor the player who drew it and will allow for strategic planning. All of that is assuming that most of them are well balanced and not just buffing a single subset of cards to absurd levels.

My favorite part of Star Realms app single player modes is the campaign missions with funky rules (such as "Get a random card each turn" or "Scrapped cards go into your opponent's discard pile"). I always wanted to be able to play regular games with those rule sets. This seems like just that feature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
surprise

My favorite part of Star Realms app single player modes is the campaign missions with funky rules (such as "Get a random card each turn" or "Scrapped cards go into your opponent's discard pile"). I always wanted to be able to play regular games with those rule sets. This seems like just that feature.

Basically this. It was a way to get the campaign stipulations into the cardboard rectangles version, something that a number of people have asked for.

I am assured by R&D that they are working on the next "regular" Star Realms set. I don't know anything outside that. (I broke my foot at PAX East and have been working from home whilst taking comical amounts of painkillers.)

In the meantime, you can expect a digital update soon. Just like Crisis, I designed the campaign story and missions for Colony Wars, so if you liked Crisis, you should be delirious with joy.

Ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IanWWG wrote:
I am assured by R&D that they are working on the next "regular" Star Realms set.

Excellent.

IanWWG wrote:
I broke my foot at PAX East and have been working from home whilst taking comical amounts of painkillers.

Rubbish. I hope it heals quickly and you're able to function in the meantime

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
zabdiel wrote:
IanWWG wrote:
I am assured by R&D that they are working on the next "regular" Star Realms set.

Excellent.

IanWWG wrote:
I broke my foot at PAX East and have been working from home whilst taking comical amounts of painkillers.

Rubbish. I hope it heals quickly and you're able to function in the meantime

Thank you. Bear in mind I'm on painkillers mostly all the time, so I might say something weird.

Ian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.