Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: End of Game Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terri Seese
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just got a copy of TTA and played the first short game where you only play to the end of Age II. I was first player and my bf was second. and at the beginning of his turn as he was refilling the board, all of the Age II deck ran out and he put the remaining cards on the board. He completed his turn and said the game was over and we went to final scoring. I thought that since it was the beginning of his turn when the Age II deck emptied, that he finished his turn, I got one more full turn and he got the last turn and then the game ended.

I won 84-73 and really enjoyed the game, looking forward to playing a full Age III game but I want to make sure that we are playing the rules correctly. Can someone please let me know which is the correct way to end the game?

One more quick question, I had a Leader; Max Robespierre that allowed me to have a Revolution by using all my Military Actions instead of Civil Actions. I thought this meant that I could then use all my Civil Actions plus the new ones that I got from the the new upgraded Government (Republic) on the rest of my turn. My bf seemed to think that since it was a Revolution, I could not use any Civil Actions for that turn. He let me play it and let me use the unused Civil Actions but as I said earlier, we want to make sure we are following the rules correctly.

Thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You're better at reading rules than your boyfriend is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I thought this meant that I could then use all my Civil Actions plus the new ones that I got from the the new upgraded Government (Republic) on the rest of my turn.

Just to be absolutely clear: Given no other sources of CA and MA, after a revolution to Republic using Robespierre you should have 7 CA and 0 MA. Any used CA before the revolution remain used after the revolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZoeyStarr1 wrote:
I thought that since it was the beginning of his turn when the Age II deck emptied, that he finished his turn, I got one more full turn and he got the last turn and then the game ended.
That's exactly what happens. Just show him the rules:

Rulebook, p. 3, Start-of-Turn sequence wrote:
Age IV is the game-ending age. If Age IV starts, determine which round will be the last.
• This round is the last if Age IV begins during the starting player's turn.
• The next round will be the last if Age IV begins during any other player's turn.

I never got people who make up their rules and don't look them up.

ZoeyStarr1 wrote:
One more quick question, I had a Leader; Max Robespierre that allowed me to have a Revolution by using all my Military Actions instead of Civil Actions. I thought this meant that I could then use all my Civil Actions plus the new ones that I got from the the new upgraded Government (Republic) on the rest of my turn.

Yes, that's what happens. You DO use the new Civil Actions that you get from the revolution with Robespierre, but NOT the new Military Actions. You just follow the text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.