Subject: Using Heroic as Other Dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
Ok I looked all over for this.

I see you can use Heroic Dice for things like triggering Cleave but how does it work for the Fortitude Talent in the Combat Focus. It states I can reroll Yellow 1s and 2s. Can I call one of my Heroic 1 as a Yellow 1 and reroll it? If so, do I change it to a Yellow 1 first and reroll it? Seems this should not be allowed at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must admit, I can't find this was asked before either

My interpretation is that black dice can be 'spent' as any color but are not actually that color. Therefore, when re-rolling yellow ... you're not spending the dice as part of the re-roll, they are the target of the skill, and thus black dice are not eligible.

But I do not have a Rules quotation or a FAQ link to back up my interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One could ask a similar question about Brute Force (change yellow 5s to yellow 6s).

The wording of the Heroism potion (Change two of your non-heroic dice to be 6s) suggests that, when a skill or potions allows changing a die, a specification of color must be respected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hauser
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree here. While heroic dice can be spent as if they were any color they are not the color specified in the skills when adjusting the dice so they would not be affected by the skills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroic dice can be spent or placed as if they were a different color -- but they aren't actually yellow for this purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.